what's my age again?

Asher's POV:

7:00 a.m.

NOOOOOPE too early. laters.

8:17 a.m.

psh no.

10:38

oh... FINE

I rolled out of bed and stumbled to my mirror.

"who is that sexy looking beast?" I said to the mirror... eyeing the my chemical romance poster on the wall behind me. I grinned and then focused my attention on the much less sexy beast looking back at me. I ran a hand through my teal hair. Viv had wanted to get matching colors. She got a half ombré of teal in her beautiful wavy brown hair. I had taken it to the next level and dyed my whole head teal.

I finished the painful process of combing my shoulder length, straightened-and-teased-yesterday hair, and made sure my huge swoopy bangs covered my eyes.

I grabbed eyeliner and a change of cloths then opened my door.

"I HAVE TO PEE!!!" I screamed running down the hall to the bathroom. It didn't matter, no-ones home.

ten minutes later I emerged from the bathroom in all my raccoon eyed, knee high combat booted, red skinny jeaned, "I hate your smile" shirted glory.

I skipped back to my room and put on lace fingerless gloves and I huge red hair bow.

damn, now I'm bored.

"ding ding ding"

THE DOORBELL. I jumped and turned slowly to face the door.

it's either A. a rapist or B. Viv

yep, only possibilities.

I walked over and opened the door to meet Viv holding an iced coffee.

"Viv! thank god you're not a rapist!" I said while ushering her inside.

"You got me one right?" I said motioning to the coffee.

"No, but I can go back if you want?" she said.

I laughed, "Awh, no it's fine. So watcha wanna do?"

"let's go to hot topic..." she said waiting for me to freak out.

"YES LET'S GO VAMANOS C'MON HURRY UP." I said shoving my wallet in my pocket and grabbing my iPod and phone and shoving them in my pockets too. Finally I grabbed my keys and threw them at Viv, "C'mon you drive, slave."

"I ain't yo slave." she said snapping her fingers in a Z formation.

"GAH fine, I'LL DRIVE. Let's goooooo." I whined.

She grinned and held the door open.

"After you." I narrowed my eyes at her and walked out the door.

15 minutes later in my beat up chevy, after screaming along to some hard core Nevershoutnever we pulled up to West Drive Mall.

"TO HOT TOPIC!" I screamed jumping out of the truck.

we made our way through the mall with people parting for us... that could have had something to do with my making siren noises and shouting "move aside y'all!"

finally we made it to heaven: Hot Topic.

I remember the first time I walked into here. I had looked around and grinned like an idiot; I wanted everything. I wandered over to the wall of band shirts and craned my neck up to look at them all. I spotted the pierce the veil one I had come for and clapped my hands excitedly.

"Haha you sure look happy. Which one do you like?"

I turned to see the girl who had spoken. she was taller and looked older then me with a ton of piercings and a purple Hoodie. I stared at her for a moment. Why was she talking to me? No one talked to me. I was the freak at my school. She looked at me waiting for an answer and then gave me a small smile.

"Hey, you okay?"

I snapped out of it and nodded, "Sorry, yeah I like all of them, by that PTV one especially." I said hoping she new what I was talking about.

she grinned, "I love them."

we talked for a while and shopped together. After we checked out and were about to part ways she stopped me.

"hey, PTV fan. This is for you."

I looked at her questioningly as she dug around in the bag of stuff she had just bought and pulled out a pin.

She held it out to me and once I took it she walked away, waving as she went.

I looked down and read it, "We're all freaks here." it said. I smiled, a real smile. Not one of the fake ones I gave to my parents. Not a smile to cover up the pain. A genuine, I'm happy, smile.

thats what I loved about hot topic, other than the clothes and music, the fact that I felt welcome, like I belonged.

I smiled as I walked through the doors, I always do. Ever since that day four years ago.

Viv laughed at me as I raced over to the hair section. I had started grabbing random items when I felt my phone start buzzing repeatedly. That's wierd, the only person that calls me is Viv. I looked to the side and saw her looking at some Ariel stuff. with a sinking feeling I took out my phone and checked caller ID. Incoming call from: Mother.

Vivian's POV:

I browse the Ariel section, my inner child shining through. I pick up an ear cuff and turn around to show Ash. I see her on the phone, her face full of complete shock. I raise my eyebrows questioningly at her. She looks at me and shrugs. I turn back to the earrings then i hear a small strangled sound. I turn back around and Ash has tears in her eyes and is whispering into the phone. She hangs up and stares at the air in front of her blankly.

"Ash"? I ask her, dropping what was in my hand. I rush towards her and look into her eyes. her usual Carmel brown eyes are glossed over with tears. "what's wrong"? I ask her, gripping her shoulders, turning her to face me.

"My grandma... she died. I-I don't get it. I have to go to see my dad's lawyer." She looked confused, "Did I do something wrong?"

"Hey it's okay." I murmured, "let's just go and then see what this is all about."

We dropped our stuff and ran out to her truck. This time I drove.