You belong with me

I was standing on decks of Jackdaw,watching endless sea as we sailed to Tulum. I know Edward still didn't understand why were we going there,but I was sure he was going to understand when we arrive.

Lucky for me,Edward didn't say a Word. He was unusally silent,and sometimes It Even seemed like He's not breathing. From time to time he sighed,Like he was remembering something.

Does he still love Caroline? Did he really forget her. What if they have a Child?

I never actually cared,but after what happend yesterday,I felt like I needed to know.

"Kenway,Did Caroline really left you? Forever?",I asked through whisper. "I don't know. I Guess she Did." His voice was,kinda... sad.

"You will never forget her,will you?" He looked cautiously at me. "Why do you want to know? Not like I'll see her ever again."

"Oh,c'mon Edward. Of course you'll see her again. I'm sure she's waitin' for ya.She...loves ya." He just shook his head And Fell silent.

Why did you have to ask about his wife,Mary? You knew he still loves her. Yesterday,he was just piss drank. He didn't mean what he said. Ah Tabai is right,true love exist only in family. In the brotherhood.

"Do you remember what happend last night?",Kenway asked some time later. I just sighed,as I remembered feeling of his lips on mine. "Have I done something wrong."

"Nay,we just were drinkin' on beach until dawn and then I went back on mah ship to take my stuff." I was always such a liar. "Now if you excuse me,I'd like to be alone for a little bit of time. If you need me,I'll be sitting on a flagpole."

He simply nodded and I climbed up to the top ofJackdaw. I sat near the black flag and watched fully risen sun. Hot day it was,but I felt like storm is coming. We should be at Jucatan before sunset. Hope before storm,too.

I closed my eyes once again remembering everything. I should forget it. Not like I wanted it to happen,but it was such a good feeling,Edward's lips on mine. *sighs* I guessed I would not forget it anytime soon.

As I opend my eyes again, Edward's flag caressed my face. I finally found out something which made me breath easier. On black flag,around Jolly Roger,was Assassins' symbol. I didn't even know that Kenway put it on.

I gently put my fingers on a flag as I heard Kenway's voice. "You like our new flag,Kidd? Put it this morning while you were still on your ship.",he said.Our? Maybe he wasn't such an arse as I thought. "Aye. It's a pretty nice thing."

Next few hours passed slowly and silent. I was still on flagpole as Tulum appeared on the horizon. I could finally see those beautiful woods again,and was so thankfull for it. As we sailed closer I could see my friends' ships guarding the entrance to the city. For second my look fell on Edward. He was clearly uncomfortable for being here,but he didn't protest as he didn't want to insult me. Parhaps I should have told him why were we there,but...I didn't.

"You know Jim,I don't like being around here as Ah Tabai said that I'm not welcome here. Let's do what we came for fast,and then even faster sail away,shall we?"

"Aye,aye Captain. After our job here is done, I'm sure ye will feel here like it's yer new home.",I said with wink,as I pushed myself off of flagpole using a hook. After seconds I found myself standing right where I was meant to stay,at quartermaster's place.

As we docked at Tulum's habour I could hear assassins' whispers. Most of them were about Edward and me,and most of them weren't very nice. I decided to ignore them as long as I could. I was sure Edward heard but ignored them,as well.