0. Prologue

The quiet shuffle of the bed startled me, but the familiar scent quickly eased the panic I felt shoot through my body. I quickly turned in the bed and was faced with those deep blue eyes that had me falling deeply and madly, but I kept a straight face and kept unattached, “You can’t be here Andy, Ryan is in the other room.” I whispered harshly.

He wrapped his arm around my waist moving closer so his lips were touching my shoulder, “Babe relax I dropped your brother off at that girl’s house.”

“What girl?” My voice raised a little higher along with my neck giving him more space to do well, whatever the hell he wanted.

“You know that girl he has been dating…Sarah?” He mumbled against my neck and I just nodded before moving my face completely. I don’t quite remember what she looked like, but I knew Ryan was just mingling and somewhat dating so it seemed fine. I mean then again I haven’t seen him date anyone sinc-

“Stop overthinking.” He muttered into my ear, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“I can’t do this again Andy… I’m lying to my own brother… We are lying.” I felt my cheeks go red in embarrassment, but we both knew it would be a bad outcome if Ryan was ever to find out. Andy was his best friend, his band mate, I don’t know how this all started, this tense cat and mouse game between us I mean, the secrets and endless nights together just followed, and no matters how many times we said it would be the last time, it was never really the case.

“Please, just this last time, I just need you right now.” As much as his words made me turn hotter by the second, it also made my heart flutter which was bad, very bad and one of the reason why I needed to let him go besides the obvious he is your brother’s best friend the lovely subconscious added in. What we had was never going to go anywhere, it was just a fling, a dirty little secret between the two of us as a way to distract us from our real lives sometimes, and of course I would mess it up by feeling something more than that. I decided it would be better to bow out gracefully than admit what I felt for him.

“Last time Andy, I mean it.” I kept a hard voice and he hovered over me scanning my body up to my face until he met my serious eyes. His eyes darkened and he started to lower himself before I kept my hand flat on his chest. I couldn’t understand the twinkle I saw in his eyes before he sighed and nodded.

“It’s not good for both of us.”

“We are just having fun.” He pouted running his thumb against my cheek. I gave a small smile and paused for a second debating on whether or not to speak from the heart this time knowing it would be the only way to scare him off, “I just need a real commitment.”

I don’t know how long we stayed in that position him staring at the pillow I was laying on and me luckily laying down in the dimly lit room keeping the tears from falling down. “I understand.” He finally spoke up and I let out the breathe that was hitched in my lungs. I looked down seeing his breathing coming on heavily so I acted quickly lifting his chin up to look at me with my finger.

“Better make this count then.” I smirked and he took his lips between his teeth before letting go to return the smile. After that no more words were spoken which helped me shut down my thoughts, and there was a part of me that felt stupid for cutting off the one part of my life that helped make me happy. Part of me hoped that he would maybe think about what I said and stay in my bed with me until I woke up, and part of me was hoping that he would not take me seriously and this wouldn’t be the last time.

 But once again I was wrong, and on both counts.

---------

So this is my first story so be nice! I have had this idea for months in my head and I finally wrote it down.