Chapter 1

Chapter One:

Ember and Krestel sat next to each other, looking up at the beautiful gems that covered the walls and roofs of the cave. "What do you think the sun really looks like? Does it look the same in the textbooks, or is it bigger brighter and prettier?" He asked moving his arms pretending that he was the sun. Krestel looked at him. The whole entire town had never seen real sunlight in over four thousand years. They lived off the bright light the crystals gave off.

"I don't know much about the sun, beca-" she was cut off by Ember, he nudged her on the arm and smirked, "You know nothing about the sun because you're too obsessed reading those stupid old scrolls about the prophecy" He smarted off with a big wide grin on his face. Krestel studied his face for a while and then started another thought, hoping Ember and his big mouth wouldn't cut her off again. "Ember," she said putting one finger up and grinning, she continued "You could also be in the prophecy, it states that one peculiar girl with blonde white hair and jade eyes will pair one day with a much different boy that stands out, it says that the boy should have jet black hair and ruby red eyes!" She said, she hoped that she had finally impressed Ember and he would believe her for once. He always thought that the prophecy was a fake and a waste of Krestel's time. Instead she should be wasting her time playing with dolls and sewing. Not reading about something so fake it can drive a person crazy. Ember let out a fake laugh and went along with Krestel's nonsense. BING BONG, the emergency bells rang and warned everyone to return to their homes. Then the queen stands in the middle of the town and calls out names and have then report to the castle. "Krestel Lazurite" The queen yelled into the microphone. Krestel's heart skipped a beat as Ember shot a strange "what did you do know" look at her. She looked at Ember and ran off. She had never been called by the queen, and never hoped to be. The reason why the town was to report to their homes is because there was a real danger that could hurt anyone in the large city. The people who were called to the castle either had a family member that had died or was injured in the current event.