chapter 3

Morgan's POV

As we started to clear out of the RA meeting I got a text message about a lock out... on the first day.

The first fucking day..

As I tried to rush out the door I bumped into a shorty who I possibly could've stepped on she was so tiny. "Damn maybe watch out." she said as she looked up at me. Her eyes were a bright hazel color an she looked like a barbie doll just like life size. "I'm sorry mamas, I didn't expect you to turn around." I smile trying to distract her from the fact that I just damn near fell in love with her. "You alright?" I asked her as she gazed into my eyes . She was probably the most beautiful girl i've ever met. Her skin was a smooth caramel color an her eyes... damn those eyes. But I think she was like a damn midget or something.

"Yea i'm fine, I just need to watch where i'm going." She giggled. I got her to laugh.. i'm up. Time to bring it home. "You got a cute smile, you should stop mugging so much." I grip her chin an walk past her trying to get to the end of the hallway before these people call me again.

I get down the hall for it to be a fucking freshmen who lost their key card. "What's going on?" I asked her out of breath. "My key card is on my desk in my room." she smiled up at me. Not this again. "Ok.. Is this your first lock out?" I asked as I recited my line.

"Of course." She twirled her finger around her hair. Her screen door was lifting ... oh God. "First lock out is free, second lock out is $10 and each one after that." I recited.

I took the office key out of my pocket an opened the door. "Show it to me." I said blankly. "Come look." She smirked at me. "Yeaaa no ma'am. You have a great night, Freshmen meeting is starting now so you might wanna head over." I walk out of the room with a damn rush of irritation over me.

I had to hurry an get to the freshmen orientation meeting but I don't know who they thought was finna run across the campus but it damn sure ain't me.   But as i'm on my  way out the hallway an to the front desk for the go cart keys I accidentally run into someone again but this time she hits the fucking floor.

Asia: ORIENTATIONS NEOW

"We'll damn knock the wind of me why don't you." She said as she fell back. Same shorty from earlier. "Are you on a mission to kill me today?"  she said as I lowered my hand to try to help her get up. Why the fuck am I so clumsy today. "I promise it's not on purpose." I said with a laugh so she wouldn't think I was a damn weirdo. I helped her up and handed her her phone. "You too damn big to be bumpin the halls like that." She laughed. She can't be from no where round here, her accent was a little too strong. "I'm sorry shorty. i'm Morgan by the way." I shot her a smile.

"I'm Kapri." She smiled back. "And don't ever grip my damn chin. What's wrong with you?" She snapped. I didn't expect her to even remember that. "Here you go." I let out a laugh. I only did it cause I expected it to be a conversation starter in the future.. not 24 minutes later future.

"Well Mr. Morgan, A.I linebacker ... I didn't mean to be in your way.. you know again." She inched pass me. "Maybe next time we see each other it will a friendly wave." She looked up at me an gave me the most beautiful smile. "Hopefully." I said.

She turned away an started walking again and I did the same. I ran from Cougar Vill all the way across campus to the auditorium for the freshmen meeting. I tip toed in through the side door but obviously not good enough.

"Aww Morgan, nice of you to finally show up. This is Morgan Johnson, one of our RA's in Cougar Village. This is his second year with us." AD Sims introduced me as I joined everybody else on the front row. "What time did I tell you this started?" Asia whispered to me an AD Sims continued speaking to the freshmen.

"I had a lock out after the building meeting there was no way on Gods green earth I was gonna make it here on time." I pleaded my case.  "Whatever, who's on call with you this week?" She said with an attitude. "You nigga." I whisper yelled.

Asia Mcknight has been my best friend since the sandbox. An since the sandbox she been acting like my damn mama. Can't do nothing but love her ass though.

"Shit. I was hoping you ain't know." she giggled. "I met a shorty." I whispered to her. "No Morgan, don't fucking start." She turned towards me.

I knew Asia was gonna say that. I don't have the best love history and if anyone knew how many females I've went through it's Asia.

"Asia it's not even like that." I pleaded. "Then what the fuck is it like ??" She whisper yelled at me. "You meeting a girl.. making her fall in love with you .. getting bored of her.. and then eventually dumping her for someone better?" She read me to a filth.

"Is it not like that?" She asked me. I had half the mind to lie but for one I knew better and for two that's exactly how it seems to go.

"Asia listen-." I started.

"No Morgan.. not again. Unless you are ready to have an actual goddamn girlfriend leave that poor girl.. whoever she may be.. alone." She said sternly. I rolled my eyes. "Asia will you be my girlfriend?" I asked sincerely.

She scoffs. "Go to hell."

"You'll beat me there." I said under my breath.