Remembering A Past

Prologue:

February 24, 2004

They were an odd assortment as companions.

The girl that is leading the group of 6 wore a gray long coat with silver fur at the edges, a sure way to keep herself from the cold. She wore a high black winter boots that reached until her knees. Her long auburn hair was swept to one side and tied with a white ribbon. On her right hand she held a transparent umbrella.

Meanwhile the guys that followed her were wearing an assorted color of shirts and pants, all of them wet from the heavy rain raging outside the cave.

She led the way through the underground cave, allowing something robot-like to lead the way. They've been walking for approximately 20 minutes now and the sound of thunder is hardly heard inside the cave. They slipped once in a while in the wet floor but still, continued on, the faint smell of water confirming that there's an underground spring inside the cave.

"Uhm, hey, are you sure this place is safe? I mean, it's thundering outside, you know and errr, we will not be burried here alive are we?" It was Kyle who asked, the one in the red shirt. He had been looking at his watch throughout the time they walked inside, the girl noted.

She looked at him but did not reply and continued walking until she reached a fork in the road. She did not continue on in any direction as the boys had thought at first but instead, went near the wall, in the far right corner.

"Why are you just standing there?" Dwight asked. "Guys, this is stupid. She could be leading us to more trouble, seeing as we're already in deep shit right now. Look, there are two roads but instead, she's standing in front of the wall. She must be nuts!"

It's already 8:30 in the evening and it's been 30 minutes since the girl appeared before them but since then, she hadn't uttered a word, anything. She appeared before them like thin air that sudenly materialized into a being. She'd motioned them to follow her through the forest and inside the cave. And they followed her--- willingly.

Still, the girl did not deign a reply. She stared at Dwight as if taunting him to repeat what he said. A long silence stretched, the type that you could almost hear the sound of a coin when dropped.

After about five minutes, assuming that no more interruptions will occur, she resumed the study of the wall, with Dwight seething behind.

After about a minute passed, the light disappeared and the ground started to shake. The wall opened a crack before them and the girl slipped inside. She then signaled them to enter after her.

Adjusting their eyes from the impact of the light, the guys followed her inside.

The first thing they noticed were the walls, white, pure white. There were no tables or cabinets inside, only about a dozen chairs.

Standing in the middle of the room is the girl that led them. And one other woman.