HowToLuna

Chapter 4

  "Hey, Mikan, guess what?"

  "What?" Mikan answered with her phone on loudspeaker, pouring chocolate milk into a bowl for cereal

  "Remember Kokoro from our high school?"

  Mikan smirked, "Ya, your love."

  "Mikan, shut up. He's not my love. He's a childhood friend."

  Mikan rolled her eyes, "Ya sure. So why are you suddenly mentioning him?"

  Sumire ignored her sacarsm and answered, "I saw him. While I was
shopping for snack our movie time later, oh ya, is Hotaru coming?"

  "Sumire, you're off the track. Hotaru is coming. So what happened?"

  "I forgot what I was going to say."

  "About your sweetheart, Kokoro?"

  "Oh ya, we said hi."

  Mikan raised her one eyebrows, "That's all? Seriously. You're growing the doubt of him just being your childhood friend."

  "Of course not. His birthday is coming soon, and he wants to invite me to his party," Sumire paused, then added, "as well as you and Hotaru, of course."

  Mikan went to the dining table and brought her bowl of cereal, putting a spoonful of koko crunch into her mouth, munching all the way, "I think you should go on your own, that way, you can have your own world with him."

  "Mikan, I don't desire any world with  just me and him alone, and besides, it's a party. Obviously there are going to be plenty of people in there, and going alone will make me look stupid. I need someone there to go with me."

  Mikan kept quiet, thinking of whether she should go or not. Even though she had nothing to do due to not being able to work, she felt lazy.

  "Hello?"

  "When is it?" Mikan sighed.

  "Sunday."

  "Oh wow, I don't know if I have any appropriate shirt." Mikan was trying to find excuse not to go.

  "Mikan, you have some formal wears, right? I know you do. I seen two or three of your outfit that is definitely approved by me." Sumire's tone was annoyed

  Mikan sighed, already regretting showing Sumire her wardrobe two weeks ago when she was asked to, "There's Hotaru." She could feel Sumire rolling her eyes at her attempt.

"She won't go unless you're going, bimbo."

Mikan sighed again, "Okay, okay, but you're going to come to my house and fetch me, I don't care. I'm not going to use my bae to ride both of us to the party. Who knows what can happen to her."

"Yes! Okay, see ya!" Then the phone line broke. Rude.

------------

"Mikan keep still. I'm trying to put on the eyeliner." Sumire held her cheek with one of her hand while she applied makeup on Mikan's face.

"Well sorry for the bump the road has to keep us safe from traffic accidents." Mikan rolled her eyes, "It would be easier to apply eyeshadow, Sumire."

"Ugh, fine."

After few minutes of struggling to apply makeup on Mikan's face, it was done. Just in time as they reached the party.

"Remember to fetch us around 12, William." Sumire ordered before closing the car door gracefully.

Mikan was in a black sleeveless skater dress with sweetheart neckline, which hug her body perfectly.

"Sumire, I don't even think I need eyeshadow on me. Concealer and lipstick was well enough."

"Girl," Sumire said in sass, "it's the eyes, the most important feature on your small face, or anybody's face. Quit whining and just enter the party."

Mikan rolled her eyes, following Sumire, who took out a invitation card to show the Buffy looking security guard, who Mikan won't recommend anyone to provoke him, and he let them in.

Mikan was already regretting her choice of agreeing with Sumire to come to Koko's party. Which person who knows him didn't know that he always hold one of the noisiest parties in the world? But which true friend let their friend go alone?

When they entered the house, Mikan swore at the loud music that was numbing her ears, but all of the sudden, something was pressed into her ear hole and her ears felt soothe. She turned around and smiled, "Hotaru!"

"Don't need to shout, I can hear you. Each piece cost 8000 yen.They are really effective. It saves your ears from bursting, and you'll be able to hear what others said to you, and vice versa, even when the other party does not have this luxurious stuff. This intelligent item can also record anything spoken between humans. You can transfer me your money later. You know the number." Hotaru spoke in her robotic voice, usually used when she was making deals with customer.

Mikan frowned, trying to let what Hotaru had just said to seep into her head, and when she did, her head popped her vein, "I'm not paying ¥16000 just to hear properly in a party."

"Then make your 16000 yen worth by going more parties. Or you can sell it to Sumire. I don't take refund stocks."

Mikan sighed, knowing her money mind don't take anything but money, " I will transfer to you tomorrow morning." Even though Mikan could not see, she knew Hotaru's eyes were filled with cash signs.

"See you later." Hotaru disappeared to make more "deals" in the night.

"Hi guys!" Mikan, the only person who heard the familiar high-pitched sound coming from the entrance of the door, swung her head to it, and regretted fully for attending the party.

Luna Koizumi entered with her faux red mini dress, that threatening to spill her boobs, in her black heels. Mikan had thought she wore something revealing, but she guessed she was wrong. Luna went to the birthday boy to wish her happy birthday

"Does she thinks it's Halloween right now? Because right now she's scaring me with her outfit." Sumire commented nastily. Mikan snickered, agreeing with her. But apparently the guys inside the room were not on the same, seeing that their small pals were standing up straight.

Everybody looked at her walking towards someone, specifically Mikan.

"Well, well, isn't this Mikan, my ex-colleague. How nice to meet you."

Mikan smiled, opposing what she was feeling, "What a surprise, I feel the same." Her niceness was filled with sarcasm.

"Oh well, didn't expect to see you here after you get fired." Luna snickered. Mikan panicked for awhile, afraid anyone had heard it, only to realise only she could hear what Luna said, and even if they were to hear it, they would feel offensive against the companies, not her.

Mikan smirked and leaned against her ear and whispered, "You know, nobody supposed to know except for our unreasonable boss about me getting fired. So go ahead and shoot words out of your reporter's mouth and you'll be next after me." Mikan leaned back, seeing her furious face, "Nice to meet you again." Then she walked sassily away, feeling satisfied with an angry Luna.

While walking away, she actually felt her head moved back, being tugged at, but it was released before she turned back.

She saw Luna holding a guy's arm like a viper, and she rolled her eyes at how Luna suddenly stopped her attack when she saw a handsome guy.

That was your reporter for HowToLuna.