Chapter 6 Ed's POV

(Short Chapter)

I've realized that today, I have been trying to avoid any conversation with Hayley. I mean yeah, I'm her friend and today is her birthday. First, she's now single. I can't believe that I'm saying this but I'm growing feelings for her. How does one, just spend a lot of time with their best friend (Girl) and never grow any type of feeling towards the one. Today in the car was when i realized I had feelings for her. And I've been ignoring her all day today, making her sit alone at lunch. Now, now i'm sitting in my car and she's somewhere walking home.

I look down at my phone and it's a text from Hayley.

*Text Messages*

From Hayley: Hey Ed, I don't know why you're ignoring me but could you please tell me? I don't want anything to be bad between us. It was a good morning and I was hoping that we could keep spending the day together. but anyways I bet you'll ignore this so have a good rest of your day and you can take someone else with you to dinner tonight. Thanks for breakfast though.

I have to tell her my feelings. I have fallen for my best friend. I can't tell her, but I have too. I type in Taylor's name. I should ask her for advice, what should I do I've fallen in love with my best friend.

No answer. I'll just text her.

*Text Messages*

From Ed: Hey Taylor, wanna go to dinner tonight?

From Taylor: Hey Ed, How have you been? I feel likes its been forever.. Oh yeah cause it has been! That sounds great, I am in town so where do you wanna meet?

From Ed: We can meet at my place, I wanna ask you advice on something!

From Taylor: Is my Ed having girl probs?

From Ed: Something like that Taylor lol See you around 6:30?

From Taylor: Sounds great

I shut my phone off and start the car. I look in the backseat and I see the presents still there for Hayley. I'll give them to her later.

I leave the school parking lot. I'm almost to the house and I see Hayley walking inside the house. She looks, and I look away. I can't face her, I don't want to lose her from being this way.

I park in my garage and head into the house. I look at my phone, Taylor's calling me.

*On the phone*

Ed: Hey

Taylor: When do you want me to come over

Ed: Anytime is okay

Taylor: Alright well I'll come over in like 30 min. Sound good?

Ed: Sounds great

Taylor: Alright see you then.

I hang up the phone. Should I give Hayley her presents yet or no? I'll give them to her after I talk to Taylor.

I sit down on the couch. As soon as I sit down someone knocks at the door. "It's open!" "It's me!" Taylor said. I get up to go close the door after I great Taylor and Hayley saw me hug Taylor. Great now she's gonna think something about Taylor and I.