I was RIGHT to LOVE U..

a True story based by Natana of Murphy, Cubao

presented by Amelia G. Lince

===================================================

Third Person's POV..

Jojit and Natana were classmates in high school in Murphy. When they got to college, they studied in the same university in manila. Jojit took up Journalism while Natana took up Banking and Finance.

Back in High School, they had different sets of friends. They got to talk once in a while, having a shared interest in music.

Natana wasn't attractive then, but now in college she oozed with sex appeal; she was easily one of the prettiest girls in school.

Jojit could only shake his head in wonder, because only now had he realized how good Natana looked.

Natana didn't know what to do when Jojit proposed to her. She was afraid of getting into a relationship again because her last two were disasters!! Her first boyfriend left without saying goodbye, while the second dumped her after finding somebody new. Was something wrong with her?

She knew that she should not be afraid of Jojit because she had known him since high school. With that thought, she said yes to him. As the days passed, Jojit and Natana discovered that they love each other's company. In fact, they felt they were meant for each other.

But one day, Natana saw Jojit in a pizza house in Cubao, happily eating with a gay man. She hid behind one of the divisions and observed them. Indeed, she saw them gaily talking and occasionally touching each other!

She rushed to the comfort room and cried. "I was wrong loving you Jojit," she whispered. Composing herself, she quickly and quietly left the pizza house and went home. She didn't confront them.

Natana did not like being in Jojit's company since that day. She told him that they should see less of each other. Jojit was hurt, and he couldn't get Natana to admit the reason why she wanted a "cooling off" period.

Jenny, Natana's classmate, came rushing to Natana with shocking news one afternoon. She told Natana that she saw Jojit with a gay man buying a pair of shoes in Alimall. That only made Natana loathe Jojit more. She immediately broke up with him, not bothering to tell him why.

Jojit went on drinking binge and was drunk for several days. He was puzzled with the way Natana was acting, and he was at loss on how to remedy the situation.

After class one day, Natana was about to board a jeepney. She spotted Jojit with the gay man she saw in the pizza parlor. She saw him hand Jojit a one thousand peso bill. She angrily approached them and slapped Jojit.

"Natana, wait!" Jojit shouted, but she had already walked away and board an FX taxi.

That evening, Natana was surprised to see Jojit pay her a visit at her house. And he had brought the gay man with him!! This only served to infuriate Natana.

"Please, let me explain, Natana,"Jojit begged her.

Natana looked at them with undisguised hatred. "And what would you tell me Jojit? That you and this faggot are just friends?" she said loudly, almost screaming.

"Natana," Jojit said as he held her arms, "this is my brother Rebecca."

"What?" Natana was shocked at hearing Jojit said.

"It's true ate Natana," said Rebecca. "Don't you recognize me?"

"Remember Richard? My younger brother who used to go to our high school activities?"said Jojit, smiling.

"It's Rebecca now, I just arrived from Davao, ate Natana. I manage a beauty parlor there. Sorry ate kung napagkamalan mo kaming lovers. Ito kasing si kuya, miss na miss ako kaya ang lambing-lambing sa akin!"

She had known Richard before. He was so malambing and very close to Jojit. Back then, she noticed he had gay tendencies, but she never expected him to change into a her!!

Knowing her mistake, Natana embraced Rebecca, asking her/him to accept her apology.

"Okey lang, ate, kahit sini naman magagalit kapag nakita ang oyfriend niya na may kasamang bading," teased Rebecca.

"I'm sorry too Jojit. I didn't give you the chance to explain."

"I was afraid to tell you before. I was afraid that if it might get in the way of your liking me." Jojit said

Natana smiled. "No Jojit, I know how close you and your family are. And Rebecca, it doesn't matter what your sexual orientation is. I accept you as you are."

Rebecca hugged Natana.

Natana promised to treat HER like a sister. She realized that she was right in loving Jojit, for Jojit had good moral character. If only they had been open to each other from the start, much of the heartache and pain could have been avoided!

====================================================

The END of the 2nd Story.! Keep on Reading Guys! ^_____________^