I Should Have Know Better..

"What? Are you serious? You have a Star Wars blanket in your closet? And I thought I was the pathetic one" exclaims Daniel as he rummages through the closet.

"Yeah, got it when I was 8, stop looking through my stuff you won't find any of it anywhere" I reply, sitting down on the edge of my bed listening to "Stressed out" by Twenty One Pilots Remix.

"Damn Daniel, Damn Daniel, Damn Daniel, Right Back..-"

"Hello, it's me.. Hey Dude! Yeah.. For real?! Right now? Yeah count me in, save me some of that sh*t.. I'm on my way bro, alright, I'll see you there!" Daniel hangs up and runs his hand through his curly shaggy dirty blonde hair.

"Dude, Eric is having a party, he got it all, let's go smoke that sh*t, it's about time we enjoy ourselves" Daniel explains showing his enthusiasm with his expressions.

"There's nothing to smoke here, can I light a cigarette or is that illegal too?" Daniel continues, mockingly, he takes out a cigarette out of his 12 pack and lights it, placing it onto his lips and slowly inhaling and exhaling.

"Come on man, you're no fun, I know you want one here" he tosses the pack into my bed, it lands besides me.

"No thanks, I already said I don't smoke, just go I'll be fine, honestly go have fun." I reply as I scroll down my track on Pandora.

" You sure man? Let's go, there's free blunt for God's sake! You'll regret it if you don't come." Insists Daniel as he brings the cigarette to his lips once more.

"Nah man, enjoy yourself besides what am I going to do there besides watch you and the others get stoned?"

"You'll join us" winks Daniel as he walks towards the window and throws the cigarette.

A door slams and a roar of arguing comes from the first floor, downstairs. My parents...they just have so many conflicts, I don't understand why they can't just get divorced. I'm already old enough to understand, why are they always faking appearances.We're a f*cking fake family with all this bs.

Daniel stays silent, he leans against against the window sill.

"You coming bro? Or are you gonna hang with an old married couple?"
He asks as he climbs out of the window, carefully getting on the tree and climbing down, landing safety on the ground.

"Shut up " I mumble as I follow his steps, joining him on my lawn.

Through the curtains on the first floor, you can see my parents arguing in frustration. I turn away from that sight that I've gotten used to from the past years, I put my hands on my sweatshirt pocket and walk to Daniel's car. Daniel starts the engine and I hop in, buckling my seat belt.

Daniel steps on the pedal and before I know it we're in front of Eric's place, lights are flashing in the backyard.

"Damn, this is the sh*t!" exclaims Daniel as he walks up to the front door opening it.

Tons of people, mostly from my Highschool are there either dancing, drinking or smoking.
Daniel leads the way and I follow, looking at my surroundings.

"What's up bro?!" Exclaims Eric, giving Daniel a bro hug and Daniel introduces me as his ' Stone Buddy'. ( Really Bro?😅)

"Hi" I greet him with my 'the hell are you face'.

" Well, well, look who we got here, everyone meet Spencer! A new friend of mine, whoo!" Shouts Eric letting everyone lay attention on me, I felt them look into my soul, Jesus Christ I need to get out of here!!