Chapter six

When they reached the top of the staircase, with many complaints from Shane who's legs just couldn't take this amount of strain, unlike Drew, who seemed to have an ever lasting amount energy.

What met them was not quite what they expected.

One simple, empty room.

No windows, no furniture.

It was just one plain circular room.

Drew and Shane stood in silence for a moment before Drew finally decided to sit on the floor. Shane followed suit and so they sat there. Deep in thought. So much had happened in so little time.

Time.

The word made him sick. It seemed to hold so little meaning in such a place. Yet Shane still felt pressurized. He felt as if he was being timed. He had little left. He could tell. He could feel his time getting shorter and shorter as each second ticked by, and he couldn't think of a solution.

'I assume you are feeling confused, correct?' Another figure appeared in the room and both boys jumped. He wore all black, he had black hair and his eyes were rimmed with so nuch eyeliner he looked like a panda.Drew instinctively shuffled closer to Shane and grabbed his hand. Clutching at it tightly as if it were his only means of support. Which in some ways, it was.

'Yes.' Shane finally spoke. 'Who are you?'

'I'm Laurence. I can provide you with somewhat of an explanation. Because you seem to be in need of one.'