Chapter 7

A compute once beat me at chess... but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Chapter 7

The ride to the mall started out in comfortable silence, but then Aaron had to open his mouth and ruin the peace. Not that I minded it though.

"Soooo...Riley, this date with Gage...um, do you like him?" he asks me as if knew that answer. I felt my mouth gape open. Wow. Did not expect that.

"Umm...I don't know, this is our first date. I'm not sure." his lips tilted up a bit. "Should I?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

He laughed. "Only if you wish to, Ry." Oh! A nickname! I love nicknames! He's so adorable, like pinch your cheeks adorable. Almost like Zack. I smiled. "Anyways, what do you plan on getting at the mall, Ry-Ry?" he nudged my shoulder lightly. I looked over and smiled.

"Jewelry, hair straightener, curling iron, and makeup!" Aaron gave me a are-you-serious look that I had to laugh at. "What? Do you want me to look like a wreck on my first date?" I question him. He roughly shakes his head and then he stops.

"You could never look like a wreck Riley,” he mumbled. 

I shrug. "Yeah, well you haven’t seen me in the morning" he chuckled.

The rest of the ride was silent. Neither of us talked, or tried to disturb the peace. He pulled his shiny green car up into an empty parking space. Aaron hopped out of his side door so quickly I jumped in my seat; in seconds he was opening my door for me. I leap out excitedly.

"You ready?" he asks. I nod my head eagerly as I grab Aaron's hand and begin pulling him into the mall.

***

"You think you got everything?" Aaron asks sarcastically moving several bags into the back seat of his vehicle. I got ten eyeliner sticks. Five mascara tubes. One decked-out hair straightener. And one black curling iron.

I nod my head vigorously, as I run over to him and hug him tightly. "You are such a sweetheart Aaron!" I kiss his cheek lightly. "Thank you sooo much for buying all this for me!" I kiss his other cheek, while I wrap my arms tightly around this torso. His arm happily wrap around me.

I pull away and hop into the car. "I'M READY! LET'S GET MY DATE FACE ON!" I cheer, while trying to look like a crazy person. Aaron laughs and puts the car in drive. We pulled out of the parking lot and began driving home.

On the way home Aaron kept telling me cheesy jokes. ""What time does the library open?" the man on the phone asked. 
"Nine A.M." came the reply. "And what's the idea of calling me at home in the middle of the night to ask a question like that? 
”Not until nine A.M.?" the man asked in a disappointed voice.
"No, not till nine A.M.!" the librarian said. "Why do you want to get in before nine A.M.?"
"Who said I wanted to get in?" the man sighed sadly. "I want to get out.""

We burst out laughing. I know it wasn't that funny but come on! WHO DOESN'T LOVE CHEESY HUMOR? I ABSOULUTELY LOVE IT!

Aaron pulled into the long winding driveway, and pulled up to a stop. In seconds he was on my side of the door, opening it up for me.

"My lady" he spoke in a British accent.

"Why thank you, kind sir" I smiled and grabbed his outstretched hand.

When I opened the front door, Jay was waiting impatiently tapping his foot on the hardwood floor. "Riley. You better hurry up girl. It's 6:00 already; you better hope you can get ready in an hour. Because I definitely couldn't," I smiled at him, while I trudged my bags up to my room hastily.