Unforgivable Tragedy

Wasting no time with thoughtless doubts, alarming questions, I felt freedom within arms reach.   Questioning everything I once knew, I stepped forward into the darkness. Entering into a new identity, leaving everything behind, including myself. Abandoning the life I once knew, for a life worth living, determined to survive, I ran. Without questioning anything, fearlessly I opened the carriage door and stepped inside. Cloaked in darkness,  I let the shadows hide my identity in a comforting secrecy. Pausing momentarily, I listened as Skylers piercing scream echoed from within Ebonys chambers. Aching with sympathy, the carriage lunged into motion. Without knowing the direction or location my undiscovered hero planned on venturing, I awaited in silence. 

                 As the effects from the cure began to cleanse my poisoned system, several thoughts filled my memory as time lapsed into a seemingly endless current. Skyler begging for my life fearlessly willing to sacrifice his own; Ebony clenching her fists, preparing for her escape from her torments. A longing to close the distance between us and eliminate all threats to our happiness consumed me. Separating myself from Sky, felt as a knife driving into the most delicate, unprotected places in my soul. Yet I knew leaving him behind had became my only option fate had given me. His piercing eyes, devilish smile, contagious laughter,... the taste of peppermint across my lips. Skylers tortured soul fighting the waging war between misguided loyalty and fallowing after a wanted criminal. Our story ended far too soon, with unwritten chapters and undiscovered emotions. Never before had I left someone without wanting to. 

       Smelling rain, I listened to the pounding thunder drench the lands below. Sweeping lighting across the sky, illuminated the forest surrounding the wooden carriage. Looking outside, appeared a small village displaying lights in the distance. Ebony had sacrificed herself, giving my life a second chance. Unable to love her own son, Skyler, her dying wish was for someone to love him the way she could not. However, I'm afraid my damaged heart is unable to give myself to him completely. Especially when being forced to leave him behind in a pool of his own mothers blood.  Sleep became a powerful welcome when I could no longer stay awake. Understanding the reasoning behind abandoning Sky, I slept without regret. Knowing his suffering was not in vain nor without gratitude or sympathy. Peacefully I closed my eyes and remembered my mothers lullaby. 

      Without trusting anyone, with my mother committing suicide, my brother being murdered, avenging my brothers death, I had lost myself. Killing his murderer, I had ran from the unjust cruelties of the world. I was captured, tortured, and imprisoned. During my incredibly epic impending doom, I found two surprising relationships with unwanted emotions involved. Abandoning Sky, I had reinvented my known identity. Creating someone unknown to my previous past history. Cutting off all connections to my past relationships, friendships, and ending Burnlee Dawn Elizabeth forever.  

       Sacrificing had became a well sharpened weapon I had welded in order to survive. Forcing myself to leave everything behind, I had became a completely different person. Unwilling to trust anyone. Everything had to change when undoing myself and creating someone else. Appearing to a stranger, they would see a twenty year old with raven black hair and piercing blue eyes. They would discover someone courageous, fierce, a strength known only to survivors of war. A heart that had been hardened from countless heartbreaks. An unexplained amount of understanding and empathy towards others. Everything we love can vanish within seconds, including everything we once knew, including everything we once were. Lessons life had forced me to understand  without sympathy. Considering myself a casualty to the understanding that not everything you love will remain with you forever.  No matter how honorably you fight for justice, not always will you receive that right.