1.3

It was soon Monday and ignoring Jack was a lot easier then expected. Even when I did see Jack in the hallway he didn't seem fazed making me wondering if he even remembered what happen or maybe it just didn't bother him.

I was currently walking down the hallway with Cayden, who's been acting more distant then usual. I haven't told him about Jack, not because I didn't trust him but because I didn't know how, but I was curious to know where he was during all of this. Not that it was his job to watch me but because I was use to it.

We walked into our last class for today, English and took a seat. I look up at Cayden to see his eyes were already on someone else.

I follow his gaze to see him staring at William who was sitting at the front of the room. I look back at Cayden wanting to tell him about Saturday, about how Will drove me home but before I could mention it his eyes snap back to his book as though it never happened.

I decide to ignore it, maybe he just didn't want to talk about it...

I'm too caught up in my thoughts to notice Jack entering the room but when my eyes finally meet his my heart sinks.

He gives me a small smile as I looked away ignoring the feeling it gave me.

The teacher finally entered the room but as much as I tried to concentrate on what she was saying, I could feel Jacks eyes burning into the side of my head.

Did he remember what happened?

Is that why he was staring? Either way I refused to look as I repeated to myself, that although we slept together it didn't mean anything, it couldn't mean anything, I wouldn't let it.

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear the bell ring as I quickly jump up and rush out the door, I debate waiting for Cayden but as I catch Jack collecting his books all thought go out the window.

I begin to walk down the hall when I feel someone grab my hand and turn me around. I turn around expecting it to be Cayden but instead I'm greeted to Jack as he studies me.

I'm suddenly frozen and I feel as though I can't breathe.

I could feel my heart beating heavily as I struggle to say something but what exactly was I meant to say?

"Um hi..." I finally squeak awkwardly as he watches me carefully.

"Is that all you have to say?" He asks, his tone of voice slightly irritated.

His tone suddenly made me angry. What was he expect, that just because we had sex that I was meant to be in love with him, that I was meant to go running into his arms... and so I told him exactly that.

"What do you want me to say Jack? That Friday night meant something, that I've suddenly fallen in love with you, because you're delusional if you think I'd make that mistake again."

"Why are you denying this? You're so stubborn Kayla, but all you're doing is hurting the both of us by pushing me away." Jack says and maybe he was right... but at this moment his words only fuelled my anger.

"Get over yourself, that night meant nothing except for a one night stand. What made you think you're special or different then any of the other guys I've been with."

"Because you loved me, fuck I still love you. Love like that doesn't just go away Kayla."

"Fine, you're right I still love you Jack! Are you happy?" I yell at him.

He remains silent as I wait for him to respond, but he doesn't.

"But that doesn't mean I'm going to let myself be with you because I don't deserve to be hurt again." I finish as I turn around and walk.

Ignoring the students who had been watching the scene and who were now watching me leave, I walk out the door of the school, ignoring the slight voice telling me to turn around.