PUT ON YOUR WARPAINT PART ONE

(Listen to The youngblood chronicles while reading this. Ooh, or don't.........😐)

Alex's POV:

"I want you to train me."

I escaped from the bathroom, and avoided Patrick all day. I wanted to punch something, cause there was a lot on my chest.

"Train you for what?" Kayla ask confused.

"To be a Youngblood."

She looks at me for a second, but understands I'm so very serious. "Okay. Come with me."

Ali was still in the hospital, coming home later today, so it was just me and Kayla. We hopped into her car and drove down the street.

She parked in the back of an abandoned building, and we got out. The inside of the building looked very Agents Of SHIELD-y. There were tons of punching bags and equipment.

"Where do you want to start?"

I slightly wish I had changed into something besides my "Thnks Fr th mmrs" shirt and shorts.

"Punching bag." I answer. She grabs some gloves, and told me to wrap my hands in this tape looking thing.

"Punch." She commands, and I slightly tap it.

"C'mon, it's not like your'e punching Patrick." She says. What she doesn't know is that, I wanted to punch Patrick.

I punched the bag so hard, my fist didn't even start hurting until I fully processed that I punched it. The bag fell on the ground and I stared at it.

"Alex?" Kayla asked worriedly. "W-what happened?"

"I-I...just need to get some things out."

"Um, okay. I'll leave you to it, okay?" Kayla says, almost a scared look in her eyes. I ignored it.

"Okay."

She leaves, after telling me to text her when I was finished. I turned on my phone, that has been on my charger for a year. I open my spotify and play: PUNK ISN'T DEAD playlist.

Melanie Martinez starts to sing to me.
Think I just remembered something,

I think I left the faucet running.

Now my words are filling up the tub
Darling, you're just soaking in it
But I know you'll get out the minute
You notice all your fingers pruning up

I'm tired of being careful, tiptoe, trying to keep the water warm
Let me under your skin
Uh-oh, there it goes, I said too much, it overflowed
Why do I always spill?

Tears ran down my eyes, and I push them away, punching the bag again, and again. How could he hurt me? I feel like I exposed myself to him, and he did this to me.

Maybe I'm just a crybaby.

----

Ali's POV:

It was four in the afternoon when they finally released me to the public. I immediately received a phone call from Kayla.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I know you just got out and all, but I am like, really sick, cause I don't know what Brendon put in those waffles this morning, but, well, lets just say some stuff came up."

"Okay, woah, slow down." I say calmly. "What?"

"Alex is at our 'gym' working out." She says slower.

"Why?"

"I'll explain later, can you go pick her up for me, pretty please?" Kayla pleads.

"Fine."

-----
"Hello?"

The ride in the car to the 'gym' was pretty painful, but I made it through. (Though, a few police officers gave me some looks. Screw you.)

"I'm in here." A small voice said.

I walk inside more to see a sweaty girl we call Alex. "Alex?"

"Hi." She says, her phone playing "Miss Missing You" and she's crying.

"What's wrong?" I ask, coming closer to her. My stomach had a wrap on it, and it wasn't bleeding, but it hurt so much, I wish it were bleeding.

"It's Patrick." She said. And then she began to sob.

"What happened to him?" I ask, and she goes from sad to angry.

"Let's just say," She began in a scarily angry voice. "He was coming faster than I was."

I thought about what that even meant, and then I understood.

"He...?" She nods and begins to cry again. "I'll kill that SOAB."

"No!" She shouts, grabbing my arm. I hadn't realized I stood up until she grabbed me. "Don't hurt him!"

"Why?! He hurt you, Lex." I yell, tears forming in my eyes. "You can't be a doormat."

"STFU!" Alex yells, and we both get silent.

She shakes her head and continues, "I should have known he would move on without me."

"But he didn't." I insist. "It must be some misunderstanding."
"It wasn't. There was a girl, and her hand was in places I've never been." She was sobbing.
"I'll kill him."
"Just let me cry. Don't hurt him."
So I did as I was told, and held her, as she cried.