Hat Tricks and Drinks

Claude

Her hands gripped the Bauer stick while she lined up to take the face off against Crosby.

He sent his shoulder up into her face as an attempt to knock her off balance, Lèa pushed him back before she sent the puck over to Wayne.

He looked up and sent to puck back to Lèa before she took the quick wrist shot to Fleury's blocker side.

We all jumped up as the goal horn blew.

Still no celly.

Simmonds grabbed the puck for Lèa and brought it to the bench as we changed lines.

"Nice shot, Black." Coach laughed as he tapped her helmet before I skated off to take the next face off.

"Would you look who got bumped down to second line." Crosby laughed.

"Would you look who got beat by a girl." I rolled my eyes before the puck dropped and we gained control.

I received the pass from Brayden and made my way up for the breakaway.

Just as I lifted my stick for the slapshot, I felt a stick dig into my arm.

The whistle blew for a penalty.

"GIROUX." Coach yelled from the bench.

I skated over to the bench for the play.

"Brayden, we are gonna put Black in for left on this play okay?"

"Fine by me. Go get em." Brayden laughed as he tapped her shoulders.

"Claude, take the shot when the puck drops but aim for pads. Lèa get the rebound." Coach nodded.

I looked over to see her chewing on her clear mouth guard.

"Let's go." She smirked and skated to her position and nodded at me.

I gave her a quick nod and the puck dropped, I took the shot to pads.

The rebound was far but Lèa gained control and gave quick shot to the five hole and the goal horn blew again.

"Hell yeah." Wayne smirked as he tapped her helmet.

"Good initial shot G." She smiled before she tapped my glove and skated back to the bench.

The horn blew signaling first intermission.

"Alright, we are up by two. Mase is back there working his ass off offense is slacking. We have got to get open and watch those offsides. Look open, leading passes." Coach nodded.

Second period went by faster than the first, it was a difficult period but still up 2-0.

"Lèa go in for left again, Claude you're at center." Coach spoke.

Mase had the puck behind, I moved to skate beside him but I was checked to the ground sending me into Steve's feet. Crosby had the puck and took a quick shot at goal.

We waited for the goal horn to blow.

It didn't.

Lèa jumped up to stop the shot with her chest.

She let defense control the puck before she got the leading pass and had control on the break away.

"GO." Wayne yelled.

She deeked left, then right, then left, then took the wrist shot past Fleury's shoulder.

She still didn't celebrate.

Wayne grabbed the puck for Lèa again.

The third period ended, we shut out the penguins and won three to nothing.