twenty three

Vi's POV :

Air puffing slightly between my lips, nose scrunched up and fingers tapping against my cheek as I leaned back against my chair, rubbing my nose every now and then as the cold sneaks up on me.

I was just waiting for Amelia or Mr. Malik to show up so I pass the message from Mr. Styles to them.

My eyes ranking over my office I noticed the -now cold cup of black coffee on the side, sighing with a roll of an eye I grabbed it swiftly remembering that now I will have to throw it away, Liam already got Mr. Malik the coffee earlier this morning and no one was drinking this one.

I walked out of the office and stood by one of the white, empty walls right next to a dustbin, not knowing what exactly to do, I mean- I can't just spill it in here..

"Are you okay?" a voice called from behind me suddenly causing me to jump forward slightly, my hand resting against the wall before quickly turning around, narrowing my eyes at the blonde man in front of me.

Simply I shook my head, crossing my arms over my chest and making it seem like I wasn't really planning on a stupid move.

"Were you planning on pouring that in the dustbin, sugar?"

My eyebrows rose at the nickname he gave me, Sugar?

"How can I help you sir?" I cleared my throat and shook my head, remembering that no one is supposed to be up here around this time.

He chuckled as I dodged his question, shaking his head lightly before giving me a serious look. "I'm looking for your boss, Mr. Malik."

I simply nodded, rubbing the side of my stomach randomly before knitting my eyebrows. "I'm sorry he's not here, were you scheduled ?"

"No, I wasn't."

"Oh, well then I'm sorry but he has a meeting at the moment, would you like me to book an appointment for you? take a message?" I said quietly, taking some steps ahead ready to go back to my office.

"Just tell him Marcus says don't underestimate him and be careful, we might strike in any second."

My eyes remained dead as I watched the blonde turn around and walk away, leaving me confused and lost.

"Okay then..." I mumbled, walking back like nothing happened and sadly putting the coffee cup right where it was at first, next to the black monitor.

"Seems like you're staying till I'm leaving.." I sighed before getting back to the usual, surely not before writing down a note with what the blonde said, deep down I thought it was a joke and should not bother Mr. Malik with it.

***

"It's six already.." I mumbled before collecting the small notes and walked by Julia's desk.

"You're still here?"

"Yeah, I was just 'bout to leave, will give this to Mr. Malik first." I shrugged, showing her the notes with a small smile. As if she was waiting for me she extended her arms, holding a bunch of files in her hands and nodding towards his office.

"Well, thank god you're here, I won't have to talk to him, give him these for me, will you? thank you." she said quickly in relieve, not even bothering to wait for my answer but after all, I am  the intern and it is kinda my job to do so.

Nodding I hugged the files close to my chest with the notes on top, brushing my hair back and walking towards his office. I knocked for a bit, not hearing any answer I simply turned the knob and walked in.

The office was cold, as usual and the black curtains were opened, not all just some of them. Biting my lip once I spotted him, leaning forward against his desk and focused on the papers in his hands I took in a deep breath, closing the door and walking towards him, not making a single sound.