Day #4

Write 250 words starting with the next dialogue you hear.

"I'm sorry," he says. "I can't do that."
My mouth falls open. Traitor. He said he'd help. That was the whole reason we met up. So he could shoot me and get it over with.
He sets the gun down on the table. "Ally, I can't do that to you. Don't you see? In getting to know the girl I was going to commit suicide with, I began to have feelings for you. I can't take something so pure out of the world."
"But I'm not pure! I'm ugly and stupid and I deserve to die!" I gesture towards myself, praying he'll understand.
"Ally, what have you ever done to deserve this?" Dave puts his hands on my shoulders and looks me straight in the eye. His eyes search within me, staring straight into my soul.
"I... I killed her. Thalie. She's dead because of me," I wail. Dave's eyes widen.
"We were fighting them. The others. And then it happened. He... he pinned her down and held a knife to her throat. 'You die or she dies,' he told me. And I let him kill her. I should have died!" I'm practically screaming through my sobs now.
"Ally, it's not your fault!"
"I started the fight, though. My little sister is dead because of me." The words choke in my throat. I feel guilty as hell. "I never meant for her to die!"
"Ally, who killed her?" Dave asks.
"It was him. He did it, the leader. He killed Thalie."