Birthday Happiness

My Pov

I woke up and looked at my calendar. It read April 14th; my birthday. I was turning fifteen today. Dad called me and Noelle out of school just for my birthday and André didn't work today, so it was going to be just the four of us.

"Happy Birthday, Sophia!" Tutu said. I saw Tutu holding a tiny, light blue box with a small pink ribbon tied to it. I took the box and opened it. Inside was a light purple pom-pom. "It's a hair tie. You told me your dad was taking you to get a haircut, so I thought maybe you could wear your hair differently."

"Thank you Tutu!" I said. I looked at my phone and saw a text from Mom. It read: 'Me and Colette have a present for you, but you'll have to go downstairs into the living room to get it from your dad'. I wonder what mom and Colette got me. I walked downstairs and saw Dad. "Hey Dad. Mom said you had the present for her and Colette." Before Dad could answer me, someone tackled me from behind.

"Happy Birthday, Sophie!" a voice said. That voice. It was... I looked to see my little sister, Colette.

"Coco!" I exclaimed. I hugged her and spun her a little. Colette wore a tea-rose knit sweater with cream fabric lining the top, bottom, and making the sleeve cuffs. On each side of the chest is red ribbon laced through it and tied at the bottom, while on the corner is a pink ribbon with pom-poms on the tails. An apple-colored pleat pencil skirt. A single section is maroon with gold writing. On the waistband is a thin brown and gold belt. She wore white leggings under the skirt. Brown shoes with a gold sole and wedge heel. Thin strings lace over the foot. White socks were included with a scalloped cuff held by pink ribbon. Going down the side are diamonds of blue, purple, and pink(Look at Aikatsu Stars; Warm Pink Coord). Then I saw my mom. "Mom!" I ran and hugged her.

"Sophia, my little girl. Why does it seem like it's been forever since I've seen you?" Mom asked.

"Because it has." Colette said. I saw Mom holding a box.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's your present. Colette and I made this for you." Mom said. I took the box and saw a new outfit inside. It was a white, thinly crimped top with a soft blue design on the lower left corner and a royal blue ribbon sewn to the middle of the chest, under pale blue coloring. Pale purple silk ribbon is sewn from the top of the chest and rests behind the neck. A dark blue cardigan is worn over this with white detail on the torso and inches from the sleeve cuff. A ribbon hangs from the back of the neck. A pale blue gingham skirt covered in pale colored flowers and wavy, pale purple designs. The bottom is trim with semi-pleat pale blue silk. A dark brown belt is included with a blue and gold heart in the middle and a gold chain hanging on the left hip, accent with purple, blue, and gold heart charms. Royal blue Mary-Jane pumps with wedge heel and three, tiny daisies sewn on top of the foot. Ribbon wraps over the foot, and included are white diagonal lace socks with a ruffled, pale blue cuff held by a small, dark blue ribbon(Look at Aikatsu Friends; Melody On Pink Coord recolor). I think I'd wear white leggings under my skirt.

"This is beautiful." I said.

"It's for your party." Colette said.

"Well, I'm not having the party today. I'm having it tomorrow." I said.

"Who all's coming again?" Dad asked. That's when I remembered I hadn't passed out invitation because I had been so busy.

"I haven't given them out yet!" I cried.

"Sophie, calm down. I have to go to your school to get your work. Go get dressed and you can have Marinette or another classmate give them to everyone." André said. I hurried upstairs, got dressed and headed to school with my brother. While he went to my classes, I went looking for my classmates. I had given everyone a invitation, including Chloé, expect my team. I couldn't find them. I saw Ivan and decided to ask him.

"Ivan, have you seen Adrien, Nino, Nathaniel, Marinette or Alya at all? I can't find them." I said.

"I saw them all go into the library." Ivan said. I hurried up there and knocked. The door opened and I saw Marinette.

"Sophie, I thought you weren't suppose to be here today." Marinette said.

"I'm not, I needed to drop these off." I said. I handed her the bag with the invitations.

"Sophia! Let's go!" André called.

"Gotta go. See you Saturday!" I said. I hurried back to André's car and we drove to the barber. After about fifteen minutes, I was finished. Using the pom-pom hair tie Tutu gave me and two bobby pins to keep my bangs back, I gave myself a new look(Her hairstyle is now like Kagamine Rin's in the Vocaloid song 'I Wanna Be a Princess'. Go to the video uploaded by Kisekikui and to 1:54 to get the idea).

"I think this look is more you." André said.

"I think so too." I said.

"Well, let's head to the Grand Palace." André said. We had lunch at the Grand Palace.

"Oh yes. Kids, there's something your father and I need to tell you." Mom said.

"What about?" Colette asked.

"It's about our separation." Dad said. André, Colette and I all dropped our silverware.

"W-W-Why?" André asked, stammering.

"Well... we've decided that-" Mom began, but I stopped her.

"Please don't say it. Please don't say you're going to get a divorce. I won't be able to take it." I said.

"Sophia, we're not getting a divorce." Dad said. The three of us looked at our parents. "We've decided to give a marriage another chance." I felt my heart swell. In a good way.

"Does that mean we're moving back to Paris?" Colette asked. Mom nodded. "Yes!"

"Mama, does this mean our house will be even more busier?" Noelle asked.

"You mean 'more busy' and yes. It will." I said. This was turning into the best birthday ever.

"Oh yeah. Sophia, this is the year we get to open Aurora's big present." André said. My sister Aurora had left a present for me and I wasn't allowed to open it until my fifteenth birthday. That's when I noticed Dad clench his fist.

"That's another thing we need to discuss." Dad said. What was there to discuss? "It turns out it was a lie."

"What was?" Colette asked.

"Aurora's death. She might not be dead." Mom said. My eyes widen.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Louis told us five years ago that he lied about Aurora dying. The truth is... he doesn't know what happened to her. One minute she was there, the next... she disappeared." Dad said. Louis was Dr. Allaire's real name.

"Have you looked for her?" André asked.

"The was the main point in traveling. I thought maybe we'd find her, but no luck." Mom said.

"Do... do you two think she still alive?" I asked.

"Of course. But, it's almost as if she's disappeared off the face of the earth." Dad said. The rest of lunch was eaten in silence. We went to the park for a while before going and seeing a movie. Finally, we went back home.

"Mama, are you going to open Auntie Aurora's present now?" Noelle asked. I shook my head.

"I'll wait until tomorrow." I said. I went to sleep, thinking of both the happy and shocking news I received that day.

Colette's ENG VA is Andrea Libman. For a better idea, hear the voice of BonBon/Sweetie Drops in Slice of Life. André's VA is Jesse McCarthy.