2. Chapter 2 ( From mother to daughter )

"Alice?"

Finally she is up!

Edward smiled. Alice was looking forward to this.

"Hi Bella. I wanted to surprise you with this, but Edward distracted me with his negative thinking. Did it work anyway?"

Edward gave her a look.

What?! It is the truth.

Alice pointed to the extravagant chocolate cake she baked on the table.

"Esme taught me." She explained simply, when Bella looked up surprised.

"You know I love you, right?" Bella said smiling.

Bella took a big piece of the cake.

"Where is everybody?" Bella asked.

"Carlisle is in the hospital, Emmett and Rose are not back yet, Esme is in the garden and Jazz went to the library to bring you back a book he wanted to study with you."

"Really?!" Bella asked excited.

How quickly books could make Bella happy.

"Yes, he wanted to invite you to go with him, but I told him you had other plans."

Alice winked to Edward and he smiled in return.

How strange that we used to keep Jasper away from large crowds. Much has changed these last years.

Edward nodded softly towards Alice. They didn't fear Jasper's lack of control anymore. Living with Bella everyday made them all less vulnerable to human blood. Nothing smelled as good as she did anyway. Alice was checking the future for his benefit.

It is going to be a great day to be outside. Enjoy it.

Edward saw Bella and himself lying in the meadow he wished to go to and the sun was shining brightly. He was going to enjoy this day.

Suddenly very eager to get to this point in the future, he took Bella's hand and raised his eyebrows pointedly. Bella smiled and let him take her away. As soon as he was in the garden, he placed her carefully on his back.

"Ready?" He asked to be sure.

She kissed his cheek in response and he rushed off. Running had always been a hobby to him, but like always running with Bella was better than running alone. In no time at all they arrived in the meadow. It was their spot, where they could be totally alone.

Bella let herself fall to the ground and took a relaxing position in the grass.

"It is a great day, warm." She said smiling.

Edward didn't waste any time and let himself drop next to her. They lay in silence for a while, enjoying the sun and each other company. Bella took his hand and kissed the inside of his palm. Edward felt a surge of desire overwhelm him. He pulled her half over his body and kissed her. She was breathing heavily when his desires for her overtook him towards a level he had categorized as dangerous for her safety. He tried to control himself, reminding himself that even though she was not human she still could be hurt like a human and he could very easily be the originator of that hurt.

Instead of helping him with his conquest over his desires, she placed her hands underneath his shirt on the naked muscles of his chest. He breathed in sharply and felt the warmth flow through his entire body. His body trembled with the immense strain to keep his passion at bay. Very carefully he tried to put some distance between them and Bella sighed, but to his relief she seemed to understand his struggle. She dropped herself next to him and tried to control her breathing.