Concrete

Marvin and I were running for over 30 minutes. We reached the 'hangout' which was actually a room inside a very big apartment. We started climbing the stairs of the towering building, each step echoing as we ascend to the top. We reach the penthouse and marvin opened the double doors to reveal a spacey crib. There was yellow lights dangling around the room, leading to different segments of it. "Make yourself at home.." Marvin said, climbing to the second floor using a net made of rope. I walked to the living room and saw the broken stairs as marvin started playing music on the second floor.the music resonated around the penthouse, filling it with music you can hear on a cafe. I sat in front of the window and watched how scary... How horrifying the city has been. Chaos everywhere, those monsters lurking around every corner. Shrieks echoing around the city as clattering sounds came from the second floor. I stood up and decided to go up the net ladder. I threw my hands on the farthest rope I can grab and climbed my way to the top. I reached the second floor and it greeted me with marvin's feet. " nice shoes.." I said sarcastically "thank you!" He said in a more sarcastic tone. He lends me a hand accompanied by a chuckle. I accepted the help and grabbed the hand, he pulled me up and dragged me to this wall. It had the names of the people in the scavenge group along with five other names whom I don't know. "You guys have a really big group..." I said looking at the wall that was filled with scribbles. "Yep." He replied crossing his arms. "Where are they?" I asked putting my hands on my waist. "They're there somewhere.."He said smiling. "Ok... Somewhere."I said as he pointed at a building that was so far away it can be barely seen. "So... What happens there?" I said squinting, trying to get better sights on it "Well.. That's what we were asking ourselves when this group was made." he said walking to the ledge where the rope ladder hangs. He sat on it and I followed, "lights, screams, and sometimes strange surges of... Air" he said mystified and curious. "Thank God for you though." He said looking at me, his eyes glimmered of hope for a minute. I was about to speak, but henry bursted through the door following with jenny and georgina. "What took you guys so long?" I said smirking a bit as they looked at me, out of breath. "Wan...derers.... So many...." Henry huffed and wheezed as jenny and georgina collapsed on a dusty couch. How can they even outrun those things? I nearly died trying to escape one and here they are encountering one after another and only escaped with cuts and bruises. " mike was right... How are we going to get the next chosen when wanderers are going to ambush us the moment we step out the building?" Marvin contemplated as the henry slumped down on the couch too. "How are wanderers made?" I asked marvin confused on this topic. "Well, when a mommy wanderer meets a daddy wanderer th-" marvin jokingly said as georgina threw a rock to his gut, Cutting of his air. " when chosen ones like us get killed by wanderers." Jenny said sighing as marvin was besides me, massaging his stomach. "Sooo, how did the first wanderer got created?" I said as a follow up question with marvin finally becoming ok. " we... Don't know."Henry said as mike opened the door." Guys..." He said as he signaled marvin and me to drop down. Marvin jumped down the ledge and landed on a pile of garbage bag which landed his fall. The drop wasn't that tall, it was just the height the average pole vaulter can jump. I dropped down too as mike was getting ready for his speech. "Guys, the next chosen one's power is..." Marvin imitated the drum roll sound as the others anticipated on what new powers they'll add to their arsenal. " concrete?" Mike said in a questioned manner. What kind of power is concrete?