~Chapter 5~

When I woke up, Adrian was gone and I had a semi headache. I checked the time and it was already almost 11 'o' clock. I decided to head downstairs and take an aspirin. Just my luck, Chad and my mom were downstairs talking. I decided to listen.

"So when should we tell her," Chad asks.

"Whenever-" she starts but I cut her off.

"Tell me what?" As I say that Chad and my mom look at each other with a nervous face. Did I do something wrong? Did they find out I drank? Was it something about my father?

"Now honey before we tell you, you have to promise not to freak out."

"Mom you know I can't do that. Now please tell me," I say with worry and annoyance laced through my voice. She and Chad look at each other again.

My mom takes a deep breath before spealking. Almost as if she's afraid of what my reaction will be when she tells me. "Me and Chad. Chad and I are..." she starts and takes Chad's hand in her'scas she finishes, "getting married. Next month."

"What?" I say, almost as if I don't believe her. My head is racing with questions. Why so soon? What about dad? What about us? I guess Chad saw my confused expression because he was the first one to speak.

"Lily? Are you okay with me having your mom's hand in marriage?" I stayed silent. Everyone did. It was so quiet, even our breaths weren't heard. My head started spining and I couldn't breathe. I needed to get out, get away.

"Lily? Are you feeling okay," my mother asks. I don't respond so Chad does. Except to my mom instead of me.

"Should we take her?" And that's where I lose it. My thought's are ready to be set free.

"I don't undertsnad that! Take me where! I'm perfectly fine!" I start to cry. "How can you do this to me! To dad! I can't breathe." I start sobbing now and see my mom coming towards me with open arms. I back away screaming. "No! Stay away from me! I need to get out. To get away." And with that I turn around and start running.

I don't exactly know where I'm going and I'm fine with that. I can hear them calling after me but I don't turn back. I quickly run down the street and turn the corner. I see my tree. The tree where I always ran to when things happened. I quietly crawl under the branches and sit there.

I think back to when my father died and how I ran here. He was the original owner of this tree. He would come here with me when we couldn't stand being at home. We would play games and act as if this tree were our base. I can feel my eyes get heavy from all of the crying.

I try to stay awake but I can't. I decide to let sleep take over. My eyes close and stay that way. I don't open them when I move towards to tree trunk. Soon I can't tell reality from the dreamscape. Finally I fall asleep and start dreaming about my dad.