The Meemaw Materialization Aftermath

A/N: Hello and welcome to the second installment of my re-imagination of season 9! This begins after The Meemaw Materialization. I've had this for a while now and have revamped it a lot, and now I'm finally sharing it because this is my SHAMY proposal fic. I don't want this to come out before season 9 ends (May 12th people). I won't say much. Drop a review if you want and can.

**About The Juxtapose Accentuation, I'm not finished with that yet. I will post the final chapter that hopefully meets your expectations.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything related to The Big Bang Theory, included in this story.

Chapter 1: The Meemaw Materialization Aftermath

Sheldon stood by the wide glass panels, watching the plane that will take his meemaw back to Texas. He knew Leonard was kidding when he asked if she can stay with them in Pasadena; but somehow he hoped that she would consider it. He knows better than insisting on it, though. It was an interesting visit, after all, and although he will miss his grandmother, he knows that she belongs to Galveston. He was a little baffled that his meemaw did not like Amy, right away. Penny tried to explain that she was probably just being protective of her moonpie, but Sheldon didn't fully understand. He watched the plane take off and followed it until he can no longer see it on the horizon.

Taking a cab to Los Robles, he made his way home, not even bothering on dropping by the university because of his sullen mood. He still thinks that a one week visit from his meemaw was too short, but when she countered that maybe he should come to Texas instead of her staying longer, his argument was stunted. When he got home, he went straight to his room and lay face down on his bed, sighing loudly. His thoughts were all over the place, but the one that stands out the most is his grandmother's request. She told him that if he's certain about marrying Amy, he should do it soon. Reminding him that because he was about to do it about a year ago anyway, he shouldn't have any more reasons to delay it. Everything that his meemaw said was true, but what frustrates him is that even he can't answer why he's considering waiting. Valentine's Day is only a few days away but he doesn't want to do it. It only seem logical considering that proposing on that widely commercialized day would be the most romantic thing he can ever do. In hindsight, he fears that the pain he felt when Amy broke up with him was hindering him from making that next step. He wasn't exactly traumatized, but somehow, that fear that he might do something that can make Amy break up with him again lingers. With so much going on in his head, he fell asleep and was awoken by his phone, ringing. A bit disoriented because of his interrupted nap, he felt around his bed for his phone. Looking at the screen, he saw it was Amy, calling.

"Hello..." he answered, the word, sounding more like a grunt.

"Sheldon, where are you?" Amy asked, sounding a little concerned.

Sheldon pulled himself up and leaned against his pillows. "I'm at home. Why?"

"Well, I was just worried. I know your meemaw left today and I didn't hear from you throughout the day. I was calling to see if we're still on for date night."

He pulled the phone away from his ear and looked at the time. It was almost 5:30 in the afternoon. He suddenly became more alert. He hadn't realized that he's been asleep most of the afternoon. "Oh... That. Right..."

"I know you're probably sad about her, leaving, so if you would rather stay at home tonight I comple-"

"No! I don't mind. In fact, I would really appreciate your company tonight; however, what do you say if we just stay at your place instead of going to a restaurant?"