Chapter 1

Hey guys!! Writing a new story but i will be updating the other one soon!!! Enjoy!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It had been a month since I moved out of my parents' house in New York and to an apartment in California. I had gone to Juilliard for my Bachelor's in Choral Music and Music Theory. Oddly enough, I didn't meet my man for life, which was expected. It would have distracted me anyway. But in the end, I made many friends, one of whom, traveled with me. Kyle "Antler" Santler, a baritone, pianist, football and volleyball player, the best I know (after my mom), and my best friend since my college freshman year.

We met in our dorm, coincidentally being roommates. We became inseparable as we advanced through the years. We never partied, but we did celebrate as civil as possible, like restaurants, museums, zoos. Many thought we were weird for not drinking at parties. I agreed to let him stay with me as long as he gets a stable job and puts up half the rent. Before we left, our families wanted to have a farewell party. There was music and a three tier cake. Apparently, we were not finishing it so we took the middle tier and the rest was savagely disproportioned among the rest of the 30 people at the party. The next morning we boarded the airplane: destination, Los Angeles, California.

We got jobs in the first week of moving in. Kyle was a cashier at a café, and I, a receptionist at the hotel across the street. Although getting more money was the goal, it was the most boring way of achieving this. Sitting in front of a computer, waiting for people to come in, ask for a room, and getting jealous that I couldn't afford a luxury suite, and talking to the most boring, elder people alive was the daily grind of my work, while Kyle gets to talk to people back to back, and even meet super cute guys. I would say that the best part of my job was lunch. Kyle and I had the same lunch time. The manager of the hotel was kind enough to allow him to use my benefit of free lunch, except he couldn't have the drink. The lunch was good enough, who could complain? Now this is the best part of my whole entire day was what we did next.

We called it Kyle & Leonardo tradition because we're the only ones who do this. We would go to the nearest music shop and asked the manager it we could sing for a little bit. We normally got a yes, but one time they said no but then they said yes, understanding that this would give them a good reputation (see? money sense). We would pick a piano and do two selections each day, of any song, or we do a Capella songs. Surprisingly, people in Los Angeles appreciate music, and people would give us money and some would send their little kids to give request and sit down so that they would be kept positively occupied. After a while, people who knew people who knew people invited those people to come and listen. We were getting money left and right! We would let them know at the end that we don't do this for money but we appreciate the support. Our performances helped music store in that part of the city, big profits and income flooding the stores. Many stores donated some of the earnings to us for support while we live here which we deposited into a savings account. This particular Friday, after we had done 'Royals' a Capella and 'All of Me' accompanied, a young man came to us.

"Hey, can we talk?" He asked carefully. We nodded in agreement. "Awesome performance! I have to say, I haven't seen a duo, other than Superfruit, have so much umph to their sound."

"Why thank you! We couldn't compare ourselves to them. They are like the epitome of duo singers." I praised. We began walking back to our block.

"I know right? Well I just had a question."

"Fire away." Kyle invited.

"Why do you do the performances?" he asked.

"Cause we like to," I answered," for the fun of it. Seeing people bobbing their heads and singing along is a lot of fun and it really just motivates you to give your best shot."

"For me...it's because he wanted to do it," I glared at Kyle," just kidding. No but I do it cause it's my passion, that I love to do, and I don't just do it at the performances. I sing when I'm making a customer latte, mocha, or coffee. Sometimes in the shower, but you get my point." The young man nodded, chuckling.

"And as for the money, we take as a generous support for appreciation of music. We don't spend any of it. Worst case scenario, we need somewhere else to live, then we're gonna need the money." I humored.

"Well, that answers a lot of questions. Thanks and keep on singing! Bye!" he waved goodbye as he turned and walked down the street. I waved goodbye.

"Hey, Kyle, I'm—", he was biting his lip as if he was contemplating something," You alright?"

"Y-Yeah I'm fine. I'm just thinking... how about we actually try and get out there. Save up enough money and get some studio time. We can put out some covers on YouTube and get an album together. And like a fish waiting for a hook, some record label will get lured to our album and take us into consideration." He paced as he explained this before stopping in front of me for my approval. I looked into his electric turquoise blue eyes. His eyes seemed to sway like an ocean, which made me a little dizzy.

"How about tonight, we talk about this over some Vietnamese food, Pho Saigon?" I suggested. He nodded. I smiled and lifted his chin." We don't look down, do we?"

"No sir," he mocked in a nasally tone.

"I'll pick you up around 3 o'clock. Bye." I bid farewell as I walked down the street.

"Alright, love you, bye!" he called out. I turned, playfully annoyed.

"Love you, too," I said in an unnoticeable voice.

"Huh? I can't here you?" he egged, cupping his ears.

"Love you, too!" I said louder. He smiled gleamingly as he crossed the street.