Monster [Lacus Welt]

Vampires are such beautiful monsters, striking red eyes and fair complexion accompanied by unbelievable strength. If it weren't just for their sharp fangs and that infuriating apathetic yet amused look that seems to be always present on their faces (except when they're dying) you might've even thought that they looked ethereal. Though they may look captivating... They were still just monsters who were after your blood.

A purple-haired vampire had his fangs buried in your skin as he sucked your blood hungrily.

I'm gonna die.

To die while a vampire was feasting on your blood... How pathetic. And just earlier you were even having an idle chat with your squad before you went out on this mission.

(How did everything turn out this?)

It was a fine sunny morning. Soft giggles and pointless conversations had filled the air giving a tiny bit of life to this forsaken world.

"I've been wondering, how does it feel like to be bitten by a vampire?" Haru asked out of the blue. You were at the border waiting for the rest of your squad to arrive.

You raised an eyebrow at her. "Well, why don't you offer your blood to a vampire and see for yourself?"

"Well if he's hot, why not~?" she answered with a carefree grin. Haru's amber eyes almost seemed to sparkle as she spoke. You chuckled lightly at the stupidity of her answer. "Come on, aren't you curious too?" she added.

"Hmmm, okay maybe a little." you answered truthfully. How does it feel like to get your blood sucked out of you? The thought of having their fangs sink on your skin however, made you wince.

"Say, __________, what if we meet a sizzling hot vampire~?"

You thought about saying that you'd still kill it but just decided to play along Haru's little fantasies for a while. With a playful smile on your lips, you said, "Then I'd ask him to suck me dry until I die in his arms~"

A soft giggle escaped your friend's lips. Even you yourself laughed lightly at the hilarity of your answer. If your squad leader heard this-

"What the hell are you two even saying?" a stern male voice said. And there, your squad leader must've heard it just fine. Looking at the owner of the voice, as you expected, you saw Hiro walking towards you with his short bluish gray hair and deep lilac eyes.

"You're pretty late, Hiro." Haru said ignoring his inquiry.

"No, seriously. Stop joking around you two. Getting sucked dry is not something you should be dreaming about." Hiro replied with his ever strict voice. You just mumbled a soft apology as to not anger your dear squad leader any further.

Everything went downhill before you could even reach your destination. The newbie in your squad broke the formation and charged towards the horsemen of John to save a child before anyone could stop him.

"Damn brat," Hiro cursed under his breath. "We have to move!"