Chapter 1

I pushed my way through the busy bodies,letting out a groan when I saw two students practically eating each others faces in front of my locker.Rolling my eyes,I managed to squeeze behind them,unlocking my locker quickly.My eyes flustered,as a note fell out of it,landing with a silent thump at my feet.

'Sorry im running late,i needed to go back home,forgot my homework AGAIN:( see you in english:) Amiee xo'

I scrunched the note up,picking up my books swiftly,before slamming the door shut.Great,I have to battle getting to class,alone.Ramming past the 'loved' up couple,I started to dodge everyone,my hair flying in all directions.Reaching the class I had,I made sure I looked presentable,and quietly walked in,my eyes focusing on my feet.

"You're late Miss Morgan"Mr Widman muttered,handing my a sheet of work to do.Out of the corner of my eye's,I saw Aimee sitting there,and apologetic smile on her face.Nodding,I shuffled up to my seat,aware at everyone staring at me.

The geek late?

Never!

"Sorry"Aimee poled my back,and I span around,glaring at her.Her brown hair had been pulled into a high ponytail,her fringe clipped back.She really was pretty,naturally.Hardly wearing makeup,she got attention of the boys,but she always declined them.She could get any boy she wanted but didn't.

"I thought YOU was supposed to be late?"I hissed,my face softening at her apology.She passed me a note under the table,nodding at me,wanting me to open it.Un folding it,I ducked my head,reading it slowly:

'Mom called me,apparently dad has been on a drinking spree again.He'd smashed up the house,and wanted me to get some clothes.Can I stop at yours for a bit?:'('

I gave her a weak smile,and my head started to spin.I closed my eyes,wanting to cry,but this was not the time,nor place.

"Can I then?"She whispered,and I nodded solemnly.She flashed me a grin,and I turned to face the front,concentrating on my paper below me.

She still had her dad.

Even though he was an alcoholic,she still had him.

I didn't did I?