DETERMINATION Chapter 1: "Asriel"

Every kingdom needs a ruler these days. But Mount Ebott has it differently. This place is filled with monsters you can't even think of. One calm day, a little monster child was with his father.

This father and son seemed to be goats. But the young child is the son of their ruler Asgore. Along with his wife, Toriel. They were a happy family of three. But they wouldn't expect a four. This young child was named Asriel. He was just a regular kid, the main thing he'd have on was just a regular sleeve shirt with a color pattern of green and yellow stripes.

"Hey, hey dad!" Asriel said, looking up at his father. "Yes son?" Asgore replied, looking down back at him. "Can I go outside and play today?" Asriel asked as he smiled, wagging his little tail. "Please?????" He begged.

Asgore sighed, "Asriel-"
"Just let him have fun." Toriel smiled. "If he want's to play, let him. He knows where to go."
"B-but Tori-" Asgore said in a bit of a worry as he turned back at her. Toriel raised an eyebrow, and then Asgore sighed. "Alright fine."

"Yaay!!!" Asriel cheered. And then ran off to go play. "Don't worry so much dear." Toriel said, looking at Asgore calmly. "I-its just. I want him to be strong okay?" Asgore explained, also exchanging back a gaze. "And he will be." Toriel said. "He may be just a young kid, but he'll grow strong. Undyne might help him someday."

"Undyne." Asgore repeated with a slight chuckle. "That guard has never let me down. Just hope she doesn't do it at all."

Meanwhile Asriel was outside, playing around in the fields of gold. Chasing a little flying creature. "Hey!" He called. "Come back!" He was jumping around in the gold field. And then he fell into a deep spot. "Oof!"

He got up, and shook the dirt and small leaves off of him. Then he looked ahead. And saw something strange. "Huh?" He wondered as he tilted his head curiously. "H-hello?" He asked. That strange object seemed to be a body. The body was unconscious as it laid in the field of gold as if it was asleep. Pink like blush stayed under it's eyes. And the skin was a bit more lighter than anyone.

This body had the same shirt Asriel was wearing. It seemed almost just as innocent. Asriel himself slowly walked up to the body. And he knew it wasn't even one of his kind. He gasped in surprise, and rushed to get his parents.

This body, was a fallen human. They know better than to stay away from the humans. But what the heck is a human doing in the grounds of Mount Ebott? Why in the world would a human even travel in these territories where they're not supposed to?!

Many, many hours later. That human was in a spare room in the family's house. Asriel was watching over the human. Wondering why in the world it would be here. The human started to wake up, at the same time, Asriel freaked out a bit.

". . ." The human groaned. Its red eyes starting to appear. Seeing a strange monster. The human screamed and quickly got out of the bed. "W-where am I? W-what and who a-are you?!?!" The human asked in a panic.

"Don't worry!" Asriel hesitated. "Me nor my parents won't hurt you! I swear!" The human calmed down a bit, "y-your parents?" It repeated. Asriel nodded with a smile. "Yeah. My name is Asriel. My parents are Toriel and Asgore. My father is the ruler of this place. Whats your name?"

"C-Chara." The human answered. Still a bit confused. "Chara." Asriel said. "Nice to meet you, Chara!" He smiled. From behind, the door opened. "Asriel," a soft voice called. "Is the human alright?" She asked. She then peeked and saw the human awake. She smiled, "thank goodness."

Asriel smiled at his mother and back at Chara, "Chara, this is my mother. Mom, this is Chara." He introduced. Chara slowly waved, "h-hello." He said. Toriel smiled, "Hello there young one."

"Asriel here saw you from outside. Are you hurt?" Toriel asked. "N-no ma'am." Chara responded, shaking his head. Toriel smiled again, "okay. If you two want, I'm making butterscotch pie. I'll call you two when its ready, alright?"

Asriel smiled, "thanks mom!" Chara nodded, "thanks I-I guess." With Toriel smiling, she gently closed the door. Chara looked at Asriel confusingly. "Hey, Asriel."
"Yeah?" Asriel said, looking at Chara.

"What is this whole place?" Chara asked. Asriel chuckled, "This is Mount Ebott! A place full of wonderful monsters! And, whats a human like you doing here?"
Chara looked down and sighed, "I fell into this cave when I went exploring. I was unconscious, I don't remember anything else."

Asriel gave a warming smile, "Don't worry Chara. Someday, I can help you return to your home! Thats what friends are for!"
"F-friends?" Chara repeated, looking back at Asriel again. "Yeah!" Asriel laughed. "You seem like a nice kid, so why not?"

"Friends. ." Chara thought for a moment. Then gave a wide smile. "Yeah! Friends!"
Asriel smiled as well, and held out his paw for a handshake. Chara held out his hand to meet with Asriel's paw and they both shook. Afterwards, they continued smiling and laughing. Hoping to create some wonderful memories together while Chara tries to find a way home.

This is the beginning, of DETERMINATION.