Eleven

I frown at that thought and we walk outside of the studio. Timothy is outside and all I hear is,"I can do it better!"

My eyebrows furrow and I look at who he is standing with and it is Rodney. Rich little snob. He is always picking on Timothy. I hate him. I stand there and cross my arms to see what is going to happen before interfering. Rodney steps up next to Timothy and shoves him aside. He clears behind him and makes sure he has enough room for what he's about to do. He throws his arms up in front of him and stretches them behind him. He leaps off his feet and watches his hands. He landed on his hand but before he could spring his legs over, he lowers to the ground and springs back up landing in the position he started in.

After he does this he does a full back handspring step out. Timothy frowns and begins to walk towards us, giving up. I furrow my eyebrows at him. He walks up to me and says,"Can I just go home, now?"

Rodney laughs behind him and Timothy's frown deepens. I look down at him and say,"Absolutely not."

He huffs and then smirks up at me. He knew what I was thinking and I'm assuming that he began to like the idea. Tim turns back around to face Rodney and challenges him with his eyes. Tim ends up clearing the space behind him the same way Rodney did. He takes a deep breath and performs the same almost back handspring as Rodney and springing back up. He then did a front handspring, to a double back handspring into a double full.

Everyone stood there for a moment silently before they all started freaking out.

"Oh my god, how did you do that?"

"Wow you're better than Rodney!"

"Rodney just got schoooooled!"

Timothy looks at me and smiles and then walks to his brother waiting to go home. The look of accomplishment is something that makes my day so much better. Tim spins around to look at me and mouths 'thank you'. I give him a warm smile and wave goodbye to him. They leave to go home and I hobble over to a bench and pull out my phone. I have five new messages from my dad that I hadn't noticed until now.

Dad -5:23- :
I can't come get you.

-5:23-
Can you find a ride?

-5:27-
Hello???

-5:28-
The car broke down , you need to find a ride please.

-5:30-
Ara???

-5:31-
Arabella Esme.

I just reply to him with a 'Yea ok dad'. I throw my phone into my bag and huff. Now what am I supposed to do? It's as if Braelyn is always lurking in the background and pops at the most random of moments. A perfect example of this is right as the huff came out of my mouth, Braelyn came into my view from only God knows where.

"You look like you are in dire need of a ride and a milkshake. Hop in," she says as soon as she pulls up.

I grin up at her and stand up with slight difficulty and force my crutches into the back of her car. I struggled for several moments, but managed to get into her car on my own.

"So dance, huh?" Braelyn questioned me. I was beginning to feel as if I could trust her so I responded with,"Yes, I'm off the floor right now, for obvious reasons, but hopefully I'll be back soon."

"Yea, I hope for you. I did dance for about a week when I was seven and I cried to my mom because I 'just wanted to eat and my feet hurt'."

I giggled at her revelation and turn up the radio when I hear one of my favorite songs beginning to play, 'New Rules'. Braelyn's eyes widened and she hollered about how this was also her favorite song. I felt so happy to have a new friend in my life.