13. The End

Momoka was more than nervous for the festival. It was going to be a traditional one, at Tamaki's request of course, and she had settled on a pink kimono with red and white flowers all over it. Karin had carefully put her hair up in a large bun with a pink flower comb and she held a fan. She did her makeup a little more than she usually did, and she'd be lying if she said she wasn't aiming to impress Ritsu.

They had settled on meeting at the festival, as Ritsu said he had to do something first, so Momoka decided to go with Sayuri, Eri, Mayumi, and Hitomi. When she heard the doorbell ring, Momoka put her sandals on and hurried downstairs.

When she opened the door, the girls squealed. Hitomi had her hair bound in a big braid and her kimono was red with white flowers on it, Eri had her hair down for once and her kimono was purple with yellow flowers on it, Sayuri had her hair in a high ponytail and a light blue kimono on with white and yellow flowers on it, and Mayumi's hair was pinned up and her kimono was green with light blue and lilac flowers on it.

"You guys look great," Momoka said and Sayuri wiggled her eyebrows at her.

"So do you. Look at you! I'm so proud," Sayuri wiped at her eyes with a handkerchief and Momoka was reminded of Tamaki.

"Come on, let's go." The five girls got into the limo, chattering on and on about the festival and the host club, but Momoka's thoughts were somewhat clouded. She didn't know what to expect.

When they got to the festival, it was already in full swing and Momoka felt her stomach clench.

"Come on, Momo-chan," Hitomi said, tugging at her sleeve, and she followed the girls out of the limo.

"Where should we go first?" Momoka asked, although she noticed the girls were immediately seeking out the host club. Of course, she should've known.

"Hey, Momoka," Haruhi greeted her, and she smiled.

"Oh, hey Haruhi." She almost blushed as she remembered her jealous feelings towards Haruhi. Haruhi had given her Ritsu's address without so much as questioning Momoka's attitude towards her. "Listen, I'm really sorry about the misunderstanding-"

Haruhi held her hand up. "No harm, no foul. Ritsu told me what happened, I completely understand."

"Thanks, Haru-kun." Momoka smiled, hugging the other girl. "Have you seen him? He told me to meet him here, but I'm not really sure where he is."

"Well, actually." Haruhi grinned, holding out her hand. "Follow me."

Momoka blinked twice. "Oh, okay."

Momoka took Haruhi's hand and let her lead her through the rose maze. It seemed like they were getting further and further away from the festival. "Haruhi, where are we going?"

"Just trust me."

Momoka waited a few moments before Haruhi let go of her hand, gesturing to the clearing looking over the lake. "Go sit down, Ritsu will be with you in a second."

Momoka nodded, walking to the steps overlooking the lake, sitting down gingerly and clasping her hands together. She felt nervous. What was he planning?

"Momoka," she heard a familiar voice say from behind her a couple moments later.

Momoka stood up and turned around, shocked at what she saw. Ritsu had his hair down for once and he was wearing a purple kimono with a red dragon wrapped around it. In his hands, however, he had a bouquet of white roses. "R-Ritsu?"

"These are for you," he said, his cheeks flushing pink as he held them out to her.

She took them from him, still shocked, before she added softly, "you were the one who left white roses in my locker."

Ritsu nodded. "Yeah, that was me. I just..I couldn't work up the nerve to give them to you in person."

"Oh, Ritsu.." Momoka smelled the roses, a smile on her face as she set them down on the steps beside her fan. "You should've just told me."

"I couldn't, at first. That's why Haruhi and I were in the garden together," Ritsu confessed, surprising her as he took her hands in his. "We were rehearsing..we were rehearsing my confession."

Momoka felt her heart race as her eyes widened and she whispered, "what?"

"Momoka," Ritsu began, trying not to lose his nerve. "Ever since I met you, I knew you were a special woman. You were never scared of me and you always treated me with kindness. You're..so beautiful, and so different from anyone I've ever met. I just..I want to know if, maybe, you'd be mine?"

Momoka felt her cheeks flush and she smiled, nodding her head. "I'd love to."

Momoka hugged Ritsu tightly and he smiled, holding her against his chest. His heart was racing, but he was relieved. He pulled back suddenly, making Momoka look up at him questioningly. He gently took the comb out of her hair, letting her dark hair tumble down her back, the soft floral scent of her shampoo hitting him. 

Momoka felt her cheeks flush as he came closer to her and she slowly shut her eyes, her hands gripping onto his chest as he pressed his lips against hers. His hands held her waist firmly, as if he was afraid she'd disappear from his grasp if he let go, as they shared a tender kiss in the garden.

When he pulled away, he was blushing but he was also grinning, and Momoka knew she had the same expression on her face.

"I love you, Momoka," Ritsu admitted quietly and she leaned forward, letting her forehead rest against his.

"I love you too, Ritsu."

A/N: That's the end, you guys! Thanks for following along with me on this story. I'm still writing new things, so I look forward to sharing new stories with you guys soon. xo