A Failed Success

Once the end of the episode ended Citrine fell asleep on my arm. The morning came in a couple hours during which I was in deep thought. We still don't know how Lapis could possibly know about Bloodstone. I mean, we've never fused before... or have we? As I look out the window I see the sun coming up and decide to wake Citrine, because I know how much she loves sunrises. "Citrine." I whisper gently as I shake her. "Citrine, the sun's coming up." "W-wha?" She mumbles sleepily. "Come on, let's go watch it." "Oh, okay." I help her get up and then we climb up on to the roof. I sit criss cross, but she likes to let her legs dangle off the edge. When I'm sitting behind her I can see the orange-pink sunlight ignite her bright hair like a torch. "So." I say. Without taking her eyes off of the sunrise she responds. "Yeah?" "What are we going to do?" "About?" "Lapis, bloodstone, everything." "Topaz, you're great at a lot of things, but one thing that you're not good at, is knowing when it's time to just enjoy life. Now come here and enjoy this beautiful moment with me." She pats the roof next to her and I scoot over.
I put my legs over the edge and let them dangle like hers. "You're right Citrine, this is really nice." "Yeah, see what'd I te-" I cut her off as I stood up and pulled her up with me. "What are you doing?" She says with a smile. "We, are going to dance." "Without music?" "Yep." "Okay." As I twirl her around on the rooftop to the light of the rising sun, I notice the variety of colors dancing with us as they reflect off of our gems. The colors become more vibrant as our gems light up adding to the beauty of it all. Citrine notices and so do I but we don't care, this is too much fun to worry. I spun her out and pulled her back in as everything started to glow. Then it was back. Bloodstone. I looked down but I wasn't me, I'm not her, I'm not him, I'm it. I am the word, the person, the gem. I feel strangely calm and at the same time panicked. Looking down scares me as it's familiar but new. Everything is confusing and I'm getting a headache. I jump off of the roof and land in the soft grass. Everything seems smaller accept that it's not smaller, I'm about 3 feet taller. Another thing that I notice is that I have two gems, one on my right arm and one on the back of my left hand. Deciding that I need to see myself in full I walk inside to Topaz's room to see his mirror. What I saw in the mirror was an about 10 foot tall gem with dark red hair, jade skin with patches of orange on it, and a black jacket. I'm also wearing a red bow tie and a yellow star belt. As I look into my own eyes there's a bright flash and suddenly I'm in a huge canyon. There are giant drills and gems fighting everywhere. I stare in horror as one after another after another are popped and shattered. Inside of me there is a certain bloodlust that makes me want to join in on the massacre. Two whip swords appear on my hands with bladed hilts and I can't control myself as I leap onto a ruby and shatter it, then a pearl, then countless more until another flash. I'm back, but I'm Topaz. I'm laying on the floor and I can hear a soft sobbing coming from the other side of the room. I turn over to see Citrine curled into a ball crying, her tears forming a puddle. "Citrine! Oh my god Citrine." I walk over and embrace her holding her tight. Through her sobs I can hear words here and there such as "No mercy" or "it's not okay" or quite simply just "why." "Citrine... it - it's over now, we're done." She snapped her head back at me. "But are we really done?! We are going to have to live with that memory, and I ca- no, I wouldn't do that to anyone." "I know Citrine, I wouldn't shatter a gem for no reason either, I don't know what happened. Bloodstone, he was just so full of rage, and he seemed to take Pleasure in shattering all of those gems. That wasn't me, and it definitely wasn't you, it was him." "How did we even get to that battlefield, and why were there drills and holes in all of the walls?" "I don't know." At those words she just gave in, set her head down on my lap, and sobbed herself to sleep. I didn't though, I couldn't sleep, for fear of seeing that horrible place again. I don't think the worst part was that I was, or rather Bloodstone, shattering all of those gems. No, the worst part, was that Lapis was there, flying around on her wings made of water, with a sword made of ice. She too, was shattering gems, but there was no mercy in her eyes, only rage.