Chapter 37

Your pov:

Someone suddenly tackles you, covering your mouth with a gloved hand.
You stare up at your attacker in horror.
A pair of steampunk goggles cover his eyes, and a mouth guard with a metallic smile covers the lower portions of his face. Locks of short brown hair peek out from under the teal hood of his striped jacket.
You try to free yourself from his grasp, but he is too strong.
All you can do is lay there.
You study him for a moment, realizing he twitches every now and then, also cracking his neck.

"If you scream, o-or make any noise, I w-will kill you." He says in a low voice. the small twitches cause him to studder.
Finally, he takes his hand of your mouth, and pins your arms above your head to make sure you won't get away.

"Who are you?" You ask, slightly scared. He doesn't look like some of the other people you've seen so far. He looks almost normal.

"I'm Toby." He says. "I've seen you with Jack. I assume he brought you here."

You nod your head. "Yeah, he killed my family and brought me here." You reply.

"Do you know why he brought you here?" Toby asks.

You think for a moment. You've never really thought about that. "No, I don't." You say.

His mouth guard lifts up slightly. You assume he is smirking.
"Well, I happen to know why. H-he brought you here so he c-ould torture you."

You stare at him in shock. "He wouldn't do that!" You say, starting to get angry.

"He does that every time he b-brings someone back." Toby says. "He's p-probably gonna get in trouble by the Boss, though. H-he forgot to let him know about it."

"Who's the Boss?" You ask.

Toby shrugs. "The Boss, Operator, The Slenderman....he's our leader. He tells us who to kill, and we kill them. And he's not happy."

"Why not?" You ask, starting to get uneasy.

"B-because of this...." he reaches into your pocket and takes out a page. "He doesn't like people collecting his pages. Also, he doesn't like humans to be here. He do-oesn't like them to make it out alive."

"Why are you telling me this?"

He chuckles. "I dunno. I just w-want to see what happens to you. Slender is after you. He's closer than y-you think. Jack is after you, too. He doesn't like it when ot-thers mess with his prey. The forest ends f-fourteen miles east. It would be a shame if you didn't m-make it out alive."

You stare up at him, and he stares down at you.
Then, he releases your arms and helps you to your feet.
"Nice talk." He says, and disappears into the trees.

You're left alone with a wondering mind.
The forest ends fourteen miles east...

You run in that direction, ignoring the pages stuck to the trees, praying to make it out alive.