Big Night, Bold Look || Imagine Thirty Four

"Baby I'm nervous."

In the span of hours, you were gonna open up with your boyfriend Derek to a sold out arena. First sold out show ever.

"It's alright baby we got this, it's the same its always been. We open up with The Way, and Made for Me, end with When I First Saw You. We got this."

Derek tried his best to reassure you, you guys had been dreaming of this but in less than a year you went from begging people to give you guys a chance to headlining your own tour next year. You two were beyond means blessed.

"Yeah we got this! We're Y/n and Derek for goodness sake!"

Derek chuckled, and normally when he chuckled a smart comment was coming shortly after.

"It's Derek and Y/n but you get brownie points for the sudden boost in confidence."

You rolled your eyes and just strummed a few strings on your acoustic guitar humming the lyrics to Made for Me.

"Alright you know it's Anjali up and you guys are up next in an hour."

The tour directer shouted to you both and cued the glam team to start on makeup.

"Sometimes this all feels like a dream, like we're really opening up for Justin Bieber with a sold out show and many more to come. Y/n thanks to you we did it, lord knows where we could've been if you didn't push us as hard as you did."

Derek was good for giving credit when due, at the age of twenty five and you guys been together since the age of fourteen, you've been in it to win it for a while. You both made a lot of sacrifices and took a lot of risk but it worked and you couldn't of been happier.

"I don't mean to interrupt but I just wanna run Y/n through her look tonight. We thought it'd be killer to put you in a black jumpsuit and black heels with a bold face full of makeup, how does that sound?"

Oliver, your stylist ran you through her thought process and you trusted her completely.

"It sounds great, thank you."

Everyone liked that aspect of you, you didn't like to argue and you're very polite, you'd never hesitate to say thank you, even when it's not due.

"I'm gonna leave you to get ready baby, I'm gonna go get dressed."

Derek gave you a kiss before exiting the dressing room.

-

"Alright girl, you're ready!"

Rita, your makeup artist spun the chair around, you gasped at the sight of yourself. Usually you were the minimal makeup type, but a sold out show can make you change your ways.

"Wow! Oh my, this makes me feel like I should go bold all the way."

You chuckled lightly, flipping your hair and admiring Rita's job.

"It's not too late, we can put you in a killer dress, that'll have everyone's mouth watering."

Oliver chimed in and surely you agreed, big night, bold look.

"Derek might some babies up in you after this look girl."

Oliver joked, you at least hoped, you loved and adored kids but not now.

"I'm ready to see!"

You were antsy, Oliver was zipping the the dress painfully slow and blindfolded you so you had no clue what it looked like.

"Alright I just need you to step in these heels, and then you can see."

She placed the heels on and guided you to the mirror, she did a small count down from three and took off the blindfold.

"Oh my god!"

You screamed earning hysterical laughs from your squad, it was bold, white and bold. It was a spaghetti strapped, fit and flare dress completely made up from lace, and the thigh high boots were astonishing.

"Do you like it? Is it the right amount of bold or are you trying to go bolder?"

Oliver asked and your eyes bulged.

"There's bolder?"

Derek was gonna be surprised when you came out on that stage, you guys always came on to the stage on different sides and saw each other then, he's gonna flip his shit, big time.

"I love it, thank you guys."

They gave a warm "You're Welcome," and soon enough you were ready to head onto the stage. "The Way," the song you and Derek wrote came on and you guys walked onto the stage. Derek's face was priceless, but he quickly regained his composure and continued to perform.

"Girl, didn't I tell you at the damn club,"

Then and there, Derek bent you over and thrusted, the crowd was amused by the act, Both Derek and You were acting out.

"Damn I'm glad I strapped up."

Derek sent you a look and huffed in a very "if we weren't on stage," type of way.

You guys finished out your set making sure the crowd was ready for the rest of the night.

"Woo!"

Friends, family, and staff were there with open arms as you guys came walking off the stage. It immediately sent you both to tears.

"Baby we did it!"

You both shared a hug and a couple kisses.

"Can we talk about this dress though?"

You smiled as Derek gestured for you to twirl around, giving him a good look at that dress.

"We got you guys a bottle of champagne to celebrate and we all wanted to congratulate you guys on your achievements, we couldn't ask for better friends, better family, or better employers."

Everyone agreed and the bottle of champagne was pooped open. After everyone settled down, Derek snatched the bottle of champagne with one hand and threw you over his shoulder with the other.

"If anyone needs us, we'll be in the back, doing a little extra celebrating."

With that Derek took off with you and the champagne.

"Try not to break anymore sinks you guys already broke four of them!"

Rita yelled but to both you, and Derek, there was no better time than tonight to break a sink or two.

—+

Hope you enjoyed, Keiko and Rikers is out now, if you don't know what imagine that is its "Sorry," Imagine Eighteen. I'd appreciate if you guys went to go read. Thank you so much.

P.S: if any of you are interested in the three songs I named, "The Way", Kehlani ft Chance The Rapper. "Made for Me," Sebastian Mikael ft Teyana Taylor. "When I First Saw You," Jamie Foxx ft Beyoncé from the Dreamgirls soundtrack.