Entry Two

December 2, 2015

Dear Mia,

      Life at school isn't the same without you. All of the kids are mourning over your death. Jesus Mia, you didn't realize just how many people cared for you did you?

Your death is starting to eat at me. Your smile was the only thing keeping me happy. But now, like your life, my smile is gone.

I hope you're in heaven. The thought of you not being there breaks my heart. Does it even exist? God, I hope so. Because I've been praying that this is all a dream since I got the news.

Did you get my previous letter? If you did, then know that I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner. Things could've been so different, so different.

My dad came to visit me in the hospital today. He had just come back from his 6-month long business trip in Germany. He'll be off for a while so he can come see me more. I'm happy for that.

My mom is still the same. She got a job at 'Suzanne's Coffee Cafė'. She really loves it there. Once news about your death got to her, she brought a chocolate croissant and some hot chocolate. I really do love that woman.

Thanks to Dr. Drenher, I'm not allowed out of the hospital except for school. And even then I have to spend my free time in the nurses office.

I'm going to your funeral tomorrow. They want me to do a speech. I mean I am your best friend, but how the hell am I suppose to write a speech for someone so close to me, who left me so soon. Don't get me wrong, I'd would love to make a speech for you. It's just that I wish this wasn't what I was writing a speech for.

Remember that time I had that huge history presentation due that was worth half my grade and I had done nothing in it, so I had to write it the day before? This is like that. It's just that this, this is a lot more depressing.

Well, I have to write this speech but I'll write you tomorrow.

I love you with all my heart and soul.

Love,

Zachary Brown