2

A few days into her new job and she was getting the hang of it. She didn't know why she was so worried in the first place when now it simply felt like old times.

Times when she would be around him 24/7 and think that there was no way she could last one more second with him. But that's the thing with James.

The more that you're around him, annoying as he is, the more he grows on you. It's weird. But to Nadine, it's like, you'd want to strangle him because he's being such a sunny sunshine.

It was the end of the week of her first month which means that she didn't have to wait at his boring office for the next two days. It was up to James' activities outside work now.

"Thank god it's the weekend. I've just about had it with this place..." James said, grumbling as he gathered his things. "Diba, Nads? Tell me you're getting tired of this too.."

"Getting tired? Of your face, yeah..." she said, glancing at her phone to check the time.

"Ouch. You're still mean. What, did you not eat lunch or something? I'm pretty sure I fed that crocodile in your belly this afternoon..."

He got a scowl for that.

"Tara na. Ang bagal mo..." She said, lightly stomping her foot on the ground impatiently.

"Why are you in such a hurry anyways?"

He walked up to her, near the door and flipped the light switch off. Nadine placed her arms across her chest, looking up at him with an annoyed face. "Gusto ko narin umuwi noh.."

"Since when did I say you can go home?" James' eyebrow quirked. A small smile hiding at the corners of his lips. "We still have somewhere to go.."

"Ha?! Tapos na trabaho mo. Uuwi ka na. Wala namang nakalagay sa schedule mo ah!"

"I know. But that doesn't mean I'm going home." James started walking to the office elevator.

"James, ano ba! Hindi naman pwedeng basta-basta ka nalang nagpaplano ng walang nakakaalam. Kailangan sinasabi mo para naman napaghahandaan ko. Hindi lahat ng oras ng tao umiikot sayo!" She said, trying to catch up to his walking.

"I know. Jeez. Nadine, we're going somewhere. Get it? We're. As in We. You and Me."

"Huh??"

"Look if it makes you feel any better. Yes, you're shift is done for now. You're not working anymore. Just. Come with me, will you?"

He insisted on driving. Apparently, sometimes he doesn't need a driver.

I wish sometimes he didn't need a bodyguard too, Nadine thought.

"Saan ba tayo pupunta, ha, ba't hindi ka pa nagpadrive kay Mang Bernie?"

"Because Mang Bernie has been working all week, I sent him home." James said, looking to his right as he made a turn.

"Well, so have I, how come you haven't sent me home yet..." Nadine said.

"You're not working anymore nga. Jeez. You're still makulet."

"Anong sabi mo?"

"Nothing."

James had been driving for quite awhile, the sun was setting and the streets were getting dimmer. She looked around and she couldn't figure out where they were going.

He made a turn into a subdivion, greeted the security guard as he went in.

"Have you ever been here?"