A Normal Day

Man, time sure does fly.

It was almost twelve and I still hadn't left my room. I had lost track of time. I was supposed to be at my friends house in less than an hour and I still hadn't done anything. My friend, Jonathan, lives a few houses down from me so I was still okay with time but I don't like making him wait for me. I was once five minutes late to his house to leave to the park and he was furious.
I decided that it was time for me to start getting ready so I left the comfort of my room and hopped into the shower. I thought about what the day would bring and laughed at my thoughts. Not paying attention, I got some shampoo in to my eyes. They were brown. Not like it matters but I hate the pain. Ten minutes had gone by and I got out of the shower. Once back into my room I choose to wear my light blue and black flannel shirt, some black jeans, and my black converse. I dried my short, black hair, brushed it back and added a little bit of hair gel and I was ready.

Almost.

I had promised Jonathan that I would bring over a few of my games so that we could use his PlayStation today so I went into the living room and I packed up a few of my games into my backpack. I grabbed my phone and left my house.

It was pleasantly warm outside with a slight breeze which made it the perfect day for pretty much anything. Yet, we chose to stay inside and play video games. We're teenagers. What do you expect?

I made it to Jonathan's house in five minutes and rang the doorbell. I waited a while until I was greeted by my friend and invited inside. He had light blue eyes, short blonde hair, freckles and was 5'3". I was 5'7". He was wearing another one of his random band shirts with ripped black jeans and had no shoes or socks on since he was home. He also had a few band bracelets on as well. We became friends one day when our teacher sat us next to each other for whatever the reason was. That was so long ago. We were about six then. We're 15 now.

Where did the memories go.

"It's about time you showed up Michael. What happened? Did you fall sleep again?" Jonathan said teasingly, snapping me out of my trance.

"More like lost track of time but I'm here aren't I bro?"

He had some cookies on the coffee table and I took one. They were chocolate chip but had another taste to it. Oh well, a cookie's a cookie.

He chuckled. "You got me there. Did you bring some games?"

"Yes I did." I said dumping the contents onto his sofa.

With me I had brought every Halo game ever made, Grand Theft Auto Five, Battlefront, the Saints Row game series, a few racing games, Fallout Four and one more. I was careful not to let that game fall out of my backpack because it was a surprise and had to wait until Jonathan's parents were out of the house.

"Damn dude! You brought like everything. I don't know where to start now."

"Take your time. We have the entire day to ourselves."

He chuckled then picked one of his favorite Halo games.