Of Just and Maybe's

Of Just and Maybe's

Like a daisy, the flower I loved next to roses, she casually walked into my life and changed how I see the beauty in this world. Breathless. Helpless. I fell so deep into love, a cave she built for me. Desperately, I reached for her heart which belongs to someone else.

Her breath against my neck, her fingers trailing the bottom of my spine, constantly running shivers throughout my body. Driving me so crazy that I can't comprehend the reality. Maybe this is a mirage that the love created and I know this would hurt so bad but I took all the courage to change how I see the world, and create a medicine from this daisy. I love her, I know, I love her. Because how would the thought of her thinking about someone else shatter me if I don't really care.

"Janna..."

"Hmm?"

"I love you"

I died a little inside but I tried so hard not to show it because I know, in the end, it'll be my lost. But how could I be so stupid, After a month, I took in all the words and tripped over her, head over heels.

It wouldn't be this hard if she isn't beautiful and it wouldn't be this hard if I am pretty.

She tricked me into thinking she loves me and I did the same. We played the game and like how I expected it to be, I lost.

I smiled and reached for her lips. I tried to look at her but she isn't looking at me. And I closed my eyes, making up the warmth of her non-existent love.