From The Past

"Unang sulyap sa'yo
Puso ko'y nabihag mo,
Pangakong hindi ako isang manloloko
Na mang-iiwan sa'yo"

-Still From The First Part of The Letter

Alexis

Year 2005
3rd week of Summer
"Alexa! Please come over here!" Mom called me while I was petting the cute little dog Katie.

She's really a cute dog but sometimes I recognize her in a familiar way.

I went directly to the veranda where they were and approached my Mom.

"Alexa, remember these moments when you were just a little cute toddler and you were bestfriends with-" Mom's words were cut off by the loud voice of that STEVEN kid.

Oh my! My cheeks are starting to turn red again. I still can't forget the night he surprised me with that sudden attitude.

Alexis! It been a week!

My mind told me and I just realized I was spacing out again because of him!

"Mom? Where's Katie? I've been looking for her for an hour now" sabi niya sa Mommy niya. Ignoring my presence. Kapal! Akala naman niya papansinin ko rin siya! Asa!

"Oh! I think Alexa has been taking care of her for a while ago. Right Alexa?" tanong ni Tita habang kumukuha ng sulyap sa akin.

"Yes, Tita. She's at the big tree in the garden where I left her there to sleep." sagot ko kay Tita. Still ignoring the sudden glare of the STEVEN kid.

"Oh well, I think I better go to Katie now" sabi na lamang niya at umalis na papunta sa garden. Pero sa pagtataka ko bumalik pa siya.

"I forgot about this" sabi niya sabay hablot sa isang pang album at tumuloy na paalis.

"He's really growing up is he?" tanong ni Mommy kay Tita Ria habang nakangiti.

Ngumiti na lamang si Tita at napatawa ng konti. Still gazing upon the album in here hand when I got her a while ago.

Now that I've noticed there are many albums placed here. To the point they still have to stack it first to make a space for another batch of albums. I guess Moms really capture the moment of their children.

I went close to one album entitled:
"My Bestfriend" with that STEVEN kid's picture on the cover.

Sino naman gumawa nito? Maybe his old childhood friend perhaps when he was four or five.

Sinimulan kong buksan yung album at tumumbad sa akin ang napakaraming pictures ng dalawang bata. They look happy together. Boy and Girl. Si girl parang mas bata pa kay boy tapos si Boy mukhang mas childish pa kay girl. Gulo no?

Sa isang picture ma-chubby si cute girl dito kaysa kay boy tapos si boy bata pa lamang maitsura na! Nakabathing suit sila dito na ang background ay isang beach

Wait?! Si STEVEN kid ba'to?!

Bakit ganon?! Ang gwapo pa rin niya kahit nung nasa toddler years pa lamang siya!

The girl is actually really pretty as well with those chubby rose cheeks and perfectly pointed small nose. We also have the same hair color.