i feel suffocated,

She was stuck in a parallel universe, and she didn't know how to escape and save herself.

Everything should have been good; it should have been great. They had resolved their differences and it was as if there was a mutual understanding between the both of them. They continued to live together under the same roof; a different ambience enveloping them both and their time together.

There was a sense of peacefulness and serenity that had entered their lives.

He was making an effort and so was she.

He often came home early so that they could spend time together. Whether it would be watching a movie or playing childish games together. They also made an effort to go out somewhere together, even if it was just for a walk down to the park at the end of their street.

She enjoyed the freedom of this life, but she felt like she was suffocating in it. She didn't know why or how, but she just wanted to escape.

She was stuck in a routine and she didn't know how to break out of it.

There was this constant nagging in her mind, warning her to wary of him. Warning her to be on guard and constantly careful around him as he could strike at any moment. There was a part of her that told her that everything he had told her was a lie, that he had just made up a story and all of the evidence because he was obsessed with her.

But she, the rational part of her, knew that this wasn't true.

She was just making up excuses to hate him all over again. Hating him was all she could remember, all she knew. she struggled smiling every day, finishing her meals and staying upon all her medication. Though she did find solace in knowing that her dosage of the pills had decreased by half in the past month.

Hating was the easiest option, but she just couldn't bring herself to do it. 

-

You can wait for the next chapter which will be uploaded on 14/03/2020

OR

You can read the ENTIRE book, including bonus chapters, for FREE on Inkitt! Just search 'Silence [COMPLETE]' or use this link: https://inkitt.app.link/RA__illuminating_

And, if you would like to buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/laylaknight

Both links can also be found on my Wattpad profile

Layla Knight