Chapter 3

---Noah---

I felt something vibrate in my jean pocket. I reached in and pulled out my phone, which was telling me I had a message. My heart skipped a beat. Maybe it was someone who could help us! But I saw it was from my sister. I opened the text and read it.

Noah, Michael Jackson & Harry Potter r standing rite outside our door!? wat shuld I do?! HELP!! Ri xx

My eyes widened. Ri was in trouble. I looked around, I was more than 5 blocks away, I'd never make it! I spotted a smart looking Ferrari, parked just outside someone's house. No one was here anymore, so it wouldn't hurt to just borrow the car...would it? I thought about Ri, she needed me, she depended on me, I was all she had now. Without a second thought, I ran over to the car and smashed the driver's window, using a brick I'd found. I reached in and opened the door and slid in, now I just had to start the darn thing.

I pushed the driver's seat backwards and pulled the cover off of the bottom of the wheel and began hot wiring. The engine soon made a low rumble and I could appreciate the beauty of the car. It's engine was incredible and the paint job was glossy and unscratched. Shame, I'd probably end up ruining that, not on purpose, obviously.

I put my foot on the pedal and raced off back home. Hold on Ri, hold on!

I wasn't far from home when I had to quickly slam on the breaks. At my current speed, the car's breaks were slow to react and I found the car swerving violently and crashing into a street light. The air bag deployed and I pushed it out the way as it deflated. I quickly scanned my body over, to see what damage had been caused. I noticed that my left leg was oddly bent to one side. A sharp, searing pain shot through my leg as I realized that it was broken. Damn!

I rolled the window down and glanced out, ready to give the idiot a piece of my mind, when a giant toad hopped off. My mouth dropped open. That was what had caused my accident?!

Suddenly, it leapt up into the air, gaining a huge climb, but as it did, I heard a scream. I looked up and saw some blonde haired kid, and Ri.

'Ri!' I yelled. But I suppose they were up too high to hear me since the giant toad continued to hop away, destroying the odd building here and there.

Ignoring the unbearable pain in my leg, I put my foot on the gas and sped off after it. I had to get to my sister, that was all that mattered.

I sped down the road, gaining on them, when I noticed the route they were taking. They were heading down past the sailing centre to the beach and the town's small port. I drove on, watching the toad slow down, before coming to a complete halt. Now was my chance.

I struggled to open the door without moving my leg much. I called out as loud as I could, praying that they'd hear.

'Ri!!!!' I yelled at the top of my lungs. No answer, the toad looked just about ready to move on again, so I honked the horn, and thank God it was a loud one!

'Ri! Down here!' I yelled again. This time, the toad lowered its giant head, and I noticed a pipe in it's mouth. I sweat dropped and sighed. This day couldn't get any weirder, could it?

'Noah!' I heard my sister cry, jumping down from the toad's head when it was low enough on the ground. She ran towards the car, her face pale with worry. On coming closer, I noticed the tears escaping down her face, something that I hadn't seen my younger sister do for years.

Ri never cried, not even when our dog died, not even when she was being picked on in the 3rd grade, not even when she broken her arm, she never cried. She just got on with it, like nothing was wrong. But this, this was different, different for Ri.