Before and Now

October 1, 2002

My dad brought me into the living room to show me fantastic news. I was only thirteen and I didn't understand a whole lot, but I did know I should listen to my dad and watch the tv. I looked at the tv and saw a man holding up a formula and a needle. The man on the television was introducing a life changing cure. I remember the bright green liquid in a syringe. He stated how it would cure cancer and how he even tested it on a patient and they were cured six days after the liquid was injected to his right side on his chest below his collarbone. They announced all cancer patients could now be cured if they signed a form. I jumped for joy and my dad ruffled my hair. My mom had a very serious cancer and was most likely not going to survive, but I thought to myself she would be saved.

"See Mark! I told you everything would look up! Your mom's going to be okay!" My dad pulled me in a hug and I laughed.

-------

October 16, 2002

My mom was injected with the serum and my dad and I visited her.

------

October 22, 2002

My mom was brought out the hospital because we thought she was cured.

------

October 30, 2002

I was watching tv and there was a news flash against every channel. The same man who introduced the serum of cancer life changing news. Now he said the injected liquid was a mistake and anyone had taken it must report back to the hospital as soon as possible. I told my dad right away and he argued with me saying it was a prank, tomorrow was Halloween after all. He claimed they were just giving us the spooks.

------

October 31, 2002

I was out trick-or-treating with my friend Felix and there weren't as many people outside as usual. More candy for us was my only thought. It wasn't until we knocked on our friend Marzia's door and a warewolf roared loudly as he opened the door. It looked awefully like Marzia's dad. I started to run away and when I looked back I could only hear Felix yell, "What'd you do to Marzia?" The man at the door roared loudly again. "Oh she's where you're going kid." He took a knife and I couldn't bare to look as I heard Felix yell and the door shut. I ran home terrified that there would be more of them. Once I got home I ran upstairs and bumped into my dad. "Mark, run!" He pushed me against the wall as he ran past me and ran out the door. I thought if maybe I could reason with my mom she might be okay. I walked upstairs and my mom was now an Alecto as she showed her claws and I backed away slowly. "Mom, c'mon it's okay." She lunged toward me and I looked her in the eyes and she hissed loudly. I got scared and she pinned my against the wall and caved one of her claws by my neck. I spat in her eye and she backed away trying to rub it out. I quickly ran toward the door, but she grabbed the back of my shirt and left a scratch by my spine. I ran as fast as I could until I bumped into someone. He was a boy with brown curly hair and brown eyes. He told me his name was Dave and there was a girl with redish, brownish, blondish hair. She had blue eyes and told me her name was Dodger. We decided to be called Survivors That Don't. The nickname could have any word after don't. Kinda like a game.

-------

October 27, 2014

Dodger, Dave and I had been fighting monsters for around 12 years and it was a huge struggle. We were fighting off hellhounds until Dave got bitten by the last one. We quickly found a mansion and brought Dave in. He wanted to know if everything would be okay and Dodger said no, but I had some faith. That was when a vampire came out of nowhere and tried to make us try millions of things to cure Dave, but in the end Dave had died. Dodger and I left the mansion, but of coarse the vampire, Enis followed us.

---------

October 28,2014

Enis, Dodger and I decided to stay at a house and we tried to not get hurt until daybreak. It was Enis longest time away from the mansion (1 day) and Dodger tried to comfort him and say make believe things, but I just ate beans the whole time until we found the guy who owned the house.

---------

April 16, 2016

We are now on our way to find a home to stay in and survive the apocalypse.