Slugs And Ghosts

We've been on this trail for about fifteen minutes now and Enis is already complaining, sometimes I just think he's dead weight. Y'know... then I remember he's a good human shield if I ever end up in a bad situation so I let certain things slide. God he gets annoying though!

"Can we make a stop? I'm getting kind of tired." I looked forward because I knew the moment I saw him I'd beat him up, but I knew violence wasn't good around this eyeball because well... I don't know. Sam the eye just makes me feel like I need some type of manners...

"No Enis we can't. So why don't you just entertain yourself until we get there?" I had to say this in my most passive aggressive voice. Thankfully Dodger noticed and grabbed my wrist to clam me down.

I know, I know. I've got a weird coping mechanism. I need someone to grab my wrist to calm me down.

"Well okay! One thousand five hundred and forty-two bottles of pop on the wall, one thousand-"

"Enis-" I shouted, but Dodger gripped my wrist harder as she could tell and hear how aggressive I had gotten.

"How about you entertain yourself quietly until we run into our first quest?" Dodger said tossing a compass back at Enis.

"You can tell us if we go off North too much, okay?" I was kind of astonished at how well Dodger kept my temper down and her own. I looked at Sam and they almost looked... pleased. Like they wanted us to work that out...

"Wait- sorry, our first quest? As in there's more than one? How are you-"

"Sam gave me this map thing when you were off in the bathroom for like an hour in the morning. It shows us where to go and who we're meeting. First dude we're meeting is-"

There was a loud crack in one of the trees and suddenly black goop was oozing from the bottom. "Run." Dodger whispered and we all dashed, but more and more trees kept falling the ooze was covering the ground beneath us and piled up.

Soon it was up to our knees and I saw the tail of the eye sinking slowly as it was helpless. I grabbed the oiled tail and put Sam on my shoulder and they wrapped its tail around my shoulder so it was put in an almost permanent place.

"Everyone over here!" I shouted as more black oil came from the trees. They all followed my command as my heart nearly was beating out my chest.

"Enis help me boost Dodger over this tree." I grabbed one of her feet and Enid grabbed the other. We hoisted her over, even though it was only me and Enis was weak. I then threw Enis over the tree and as the oil got to my waist I started to panic.

I heard my friends calling my name from the other side of the big tree. There had to be another way.

Then everything stopped.

The flooding stopped and the trees falling around the area stopped. The wind stopped and it almost felt like time itself stopped.

After a few confused minutes of me unaware if I should speak or not I heard a rustling in a tree and all of a sudden I felt a presence behind me.

"Boo!" I heard him whisper and I jumped back slightly. When I turned around to see who it was I was startled.

It was a ghost! Or he was a ghost...

"Oh gee, did I do it? Are you scared?" I looked over the ghost guy then rolled my eyes realizing who he was.

"Terrified" I said sarcastically and Caspar lunged forward to hit me, but he was transparent so he just passed through me.

"Look here you pineapple hair pimp boy, just let us pass through and I swear if you bring your dumb friend-"

Then a guy appeared who I recognized and hated. A guy who shape shifted, probably something to do with an evil scientist.

"Joe Slugg..." there was a cackle and the guy shapeshifter into a blue venemous snail, his true form.

"What. Is. Happening." Dodger said stepping forward, the eye tail loosened up around my shoulder.

"Joe Slugg, a dude who was a mistake with the wrong potions. He started out as a snail, like here. However, he shapeshifts to create madness and confuse the hell out of people. Trust me, I would know!"

"What about him?" Enis pointed at Caspar and I chuckled.

"The dipshit that was gripping onto the fourth dimension when everything was being transformed and disconnected. He got half his body planted into the trees and he travels through the roots... something like that. He likes to fill his dark blood into sections so that he can control someone body and-"

"Alright well look, we aren't here to lallygag. Here's your quest if you want it... I guess. You loose the bet, we use you against the government to get what we want. You win, we uh give you some help for later and if you decline good luck drowning."

Yeah. Not my favorite people.