[chapter 19]

Five months later.

Time passes by quickly. It seems like it was just yesterday when I first stepped foot in Greece but now here I am after five months of living here, leaving the country. I'll miss it though. I made friends here that I don't want to lose. Markos and his wife Marianna were so helpful and so warm to me. I love them. Their son Nikolas? A major pain in the ass but also my best friend. And he is coming with me in America. He said he always wanted to live there so I told him to come with me.

We worked on his English and now he speaks fluently. I also learned some Greek as well. I can totally speak and communicate with the locals now.

George. George taught me everything about drums. And the first thing I am going to do when I get back home is to buy a drum kit and a motorcycle. That's my life goals so far. I won't go to college but I'll try to find people to start a band. I wrote some lyrics while I stayed here in Greece.

Nick plays the guitar. I didn't know it at the beginning but when I found out I was thrilled. He is exceptional.

He agreed with me to form a band but he said that he wants to go for and academic pursuit of music as well.

I totally support him. He is my best friend after all. Him and his parents are like a second family to me and I'll visit them as often as I can. Nick will be with me in America so we will visit Greece together.

Now we are in Athens because the airport in Ioannina doesn't have flights for abroad. So we will catch a plane from Athens.

We wait in line to get on the plane. When it's out time to move forward we turn back and wave our hands goodbye to a crying Marianna and a sad-but-also-kind-of-happy Markos.

We walk towards the mini bus that will take us close to tai airplane. When we reach it we climb up the stairs and get inside. We search for our sits and wen we find them I take the one beside the window.

Nick sits beside me and speaks.

"So, how do you feel about seeing Patrick again after so long?" He asks and I turn to face him.

Yeah I told him everything. About my mom. My dad and Anne. About the letter. Everything about my life. His parents know as well. That's why they're as close to me as a family.

"I don't know. Maybe nervous?" I shrug.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen him for a while but I miss him. He is my friend as well. The past two months since he found a girlfriend we haven't spoken much and I think it may be a little awkward." I confess.

He scrunches up his nose and tells me "a girlfriend? Wait till he sees you and he will break up with her"

"I don't want that. I want him to be happy. After all I was the one who requested us being only friends. And I love him. As a friend. I just hope he hasn't forgotten all about me." I speak and turn to the window.

Now I know what you have to say. I always said that I hated Patrick. But no! After reading my mother's letter I changed my mind. Because indeed Patrick is a nice guy and he did nothing wrong. I let go of my hatred for him a long time ago. But that doesn't mean I let go of my hatred towards Anne as well. Nope. That will never happen.

I still have the need to make her life a living hell. Don't ask why. I know my mom approved of her and my dad loves her but she is being a bitch to me and than needs payback. And I can think of a lot of ways that I can achieve that.

My dad and I are still close. More close than ever in fact. I thought that my mom's letter would distance us but no, it made us bond more.

About Eddie. I've spoken to him some times during my stay in Greece but it was a bit awkward. I still love him though. Maybe I can't picture him as my father but I would like to think that he is still my friend.

I wait patiently for the plane to take off. And when it does I feel a hand on my shoulder holding my for dear life. It hurts.

"Nick? Are you afraid?" I tease him.

"Ugh. No! Of course not!" He says but I don't buy it.

"Then why are you holding me like your life depends on it?" I chuckle.

"I...uh..I... Its nothing."

"Admit it. You are afraid." I press.

"Never!" He fires back and I burst out laughing.

***

"Wake up sleeping beauty." I shake Nick in order to wake him up.

"Go die." He mumbles and I laugh as he tries to swat away my hand.

"We arrived princess." I tell him.

"Fuck you bitch." He says and finally opens his eyes and shows me his middle finger.

The flight assistants inform us about what we have to do before we climb out of the plane.

Then the plane comes to a halt everyone stands up. Nick reaches up to grab our bags and he hands one to me. And its the most heavy one I swear.

"What a gentleman." I say sarcastically.

"Why thank you." He places his left hand over his heart. I hit him in the head and he growls.

"Why was that?" He snaps.

"Because I felt like it." I shrug.

"And when you just feel like it you are going to hit me?"

"Yeah?" I say like its the most obvious thing.

"Fuck off."

"You never fail to amuse me with your full language skills." I laugh

"Can you please shut up?" He pleads.

"Maybe." I wink.

We get off the plane and make our way my to the inside of the airport. My father is waiting for us here. When I see him I sprint towards him after I hand my suitcase to Nick.

I fall into his arms and I kiss his cheek. He tightens his arms around me and speaks.

"I missed you baby girl." A tear rolls down his cheek and I wipe it away.

"I missed you too dad." I say.

"You changed your hair." He acknowledges.

"Yeah."

"You look more like your mother now." He says and a sad expression rests on his face. And that's when Nick reaches us.

"Hello Mr. Adams." He extends his hand for my dad to shake and he does. Nick, his parents and I have talked via Skype with my dad a lot of times so they pretty much know each other but this is the first time they meet in person.

"Hello to you too Nick." My dad smiles.

"How was your flight?" He adds.

"Your dearest daughter was a pain in the ass." Nick says and my dad laughs. The have bonded already I see. They always had a connection through Skype and spoke freely to each other. I am happy for that. My dad also got to know Nick's parents through skyping and they sort of became friends and my fad wants to meet them in person as well.

We start walking towards the exit now and I wonder where Patrick is.

"Nick, you are living with us from now on. Don't you dare argue." My dad states.

"Come on guys. Patrick and Anne are waiting for us." He adds and we exit the airport.

We get in his car after we load our suitcases in the back truck and my dad starts driving.