[chapter 25]

"I'll ask one more time. What happened here. Why are you crying Nicole?" Patrick speaks.

I have to solve this.

"Don't ask her. It's my fault." I admit.

"Care to enlighten me?" He says sarcastically.

"Yeah. I have a headache and my nerves are not in a good condition so I spoke a bit harshly to your girlfriend. I am so sorry Nicole. My tone was harsh and you didn't deserve it. Sorry I made you feel uncomfortable."

"Its okay." She replies and Patrick wipes the tear from her cheek.

I can't look at them. The sights of those two love birds just sickens me. My day started with an uncomfortable conversation with my biological father and now Nicole. This day seems like hell.

"I'll leave you two now. Please forgive me." I tell her and walk upstairs to my room.

I enter my room and just stare at the place. I have both good and bad memories here. But I think I need to make some changes.

Painting the walls of my room would be a good idea.

Black.

That would be the perfect color. It reflects my mind and my soul.

I plop down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. As I get lost in my thoughts the door bursts open and Patrick comes in. He seems like he is furious with me.

"What do you think you're doing?" He tells me angrily.

"I can't speak to you now I have to take a shower." I try to avoid him.

"No you'll listen to me." He insists.

I start lifting my blouse and when I take it off I throw it in his direction. He avoids it.

"What are you doing?" He asks shocked.

"I told you. I am going to take a shower. Now if you want to stay here and watch, be my guest. It's not that you'll see me naked for the first time." I say.

I hurt inside as I say those words but I have to do it. I can't talk to him about what happened. At least not right now.

"This isn't over. I'll come later and do me a favor to listen to me. I don't want to force you." He says and gets out of my room.

A small part of me wanted him to stay but this is impossible.

***

My phone vibrates on the nightstand and wakes me up.

For the past hour after the quick shower I took, I locked my self in my room.

I see the caller ID and Eddie's number appears in my screen.

What happened now?

I should probably answer and he'll explain. It's not my fault that I am slow. I just woke up.

"Hello Eddie. What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing everything is fine. I just forgot to tell you something earlier." He explains.

"And what is that?"

"I want to talk to you about the hut." He tells me.

"What about the hut?" I ask.

I totally forgot to visit the place. How could I? The hut is my favorite place in the world. The place that reminds me of my mother.

My mother.

I have to visit the cemetery as well. I need to see her. To talk to her. I missed her. I missed talking to her.

"Ellie? Are you still in the line?" Eddie's voice rings in my ears.