nothing.

the young girl sat in her room, listening to the music that quietly played. she listened and listened until the music became too loud despite being on the lowest possible volume. the darkness of her thoughts poked at her until it hurt, and then she thought of him. the boy who made every problem go away. all he had to do was be there, and every negative thought went away. it would fizzle away like her medicine that she had to take so she wouldn't get sick. and she stopped thinking. everything stopped and a stillness reached her as soon as she stopped the music. starting at her heart, a complete numbness spread through her slowly. the feeling could only described as static, but it felt so peaceful, she let it happen. the feeling stopped spreading when it reached her neck, shoulders and hips. suddenly, fear shot through her and the numbness disappeared. she had been afraid that she was dying, or was becoming nothing. like as if she would just bubble out of existence. that feeling had still felt wonderful. she concentrated on feeling it again, but was met with a bolt of pain shooting through her body. that pain lingered for a moment, and when it went away, she curled up in the chair she was seated at and quietly wept.