Chapter 1 - School (Olivia's POV)

Chapter 1

Olivia’s POV

I woke up from yet another one of my hideous nightmares about the night that mother died. After all, I was only 5, I don't see how i could remember that far back. I've never really thought about it enough to figure out the exact reason why mom died, for i don't like to think about it.

Sitting up, stretching my arms into the air, I got up and walked into my bathroom. I looked in the mirror at myself. Oh my god I look horrible! My brown hair stuck out in all directions and my blue eyes had dark circles around them. I was paler than my usual cinnamon-colored tan.

I leaned down and washed my face off with the cool water, waking myself up a bit. Walking out of the bathroom, I stepped into my closet and thought about what I would wear today. I decided on light wash blue skinny jeans with a black top that said: Don't make me violate my probation! Ha ha I love this shirt.

I looked at the time. crap! 8 AM! I don't want to be late again! I hurried faster this time, sliding on black flats and my bag. I hurried downstairs, grabbing a glass of orange juice and a pop tart.

"Bye Dad!" I yelled. He just nodded, eyes still glued to that stupid newspaper he always reads. I sighed and ran to my best friend, Ashley's house. I banged on the door, yelling "Ashley you awake? Time for school!!!!" I heard a groan. "Olly just give me a minute..i just woke up.." she said in a tired voice. I snickered and grabbed the key from under the eave. I know it's only for emergencies, but I just want to wake her up!

I stuck the key in the door and turned it, unlocking the door. I pushed the door open, doing my poor impression of the hulk. I made a big roar sound and said, "I AM THE HULK! FEAR ME!"

I heard baffled laughs from her parents as they heard what I said. I shrugged and ran towards Ashley's room. "I'M COMING FOR YOU!" I yelled.

I banged on her door. “OPEN THE DOOR!” I yelled. “OKAY OLLY OK!” Ashley said, laughing. She came out of the room dressed in a blue halter top and a grey pencil skirt.

“Got a hot date, Ash?” I teased, laughing. “No!” She said, pulling a brush through her blond hair.

I laughed. “Vamanos!” I said, and we headed off to school.

As we arrived at the lot, Ashley groaned. “Why do you always have to pop an Avril Lavigne CD into my radio?” I chuckled. “Yep! Always!”

She groaned, and I laughed, getting out of the car. she got out as well, and said, “i’m going to the bathroom..meet me at our lockers.” And she left.

I smiled and ran inside to my locker. I realized I had left my breakfast at Ashley’s house. I frowned, putting my hand over my tummy as it growled.

“I know, stomach. I’m hungry too.” I said sadly. Then I went to science class. i sat down and looked at the person next to me. He was ind of tall, with blond hair and brown eyes. His white t shirt hugged his muscular arms and chest nicely.

“Hi there..I’m Olivia. what’s your name?” I asked. “Tyler.” He said quickly and looked away. He seemed...distracted by something. His eyes were focused on something far, far, away.

Then the bell rang. He made himself out of the classroom quick as possible. I stared after him, confused.

Tyler is hiding something. Something important.