Chapter 1: Kick Off

Present day, not many people knew of the Roguez who walked among them. Slayers never revealed themselves to society as their headquarters were at mountain peaks, cliffs and underground areas for intense training in ways of deadly martial arts and other fighting techniques.

A group of young boys were enjoying a game of soccer, their names: Khris, Michael & Dwight all at the age of 15. Michael considered himself to be soccer pro, challenging Khris & Dwight to a game. As the game took its course Khris & Dwight were ahead by 2 points. Khris had the ball as he made a powerful kick towards Michael's goal, unseen by the untrained eye small sparks of fire left Khris' toes; sending the ball into a bunch of bushes in the backyard. Dwight volunteered to go for the ball, while standing between said bushes Dwight noticed his arms glowing; specifically, the veins within his flesh glowing a faint grey. Retrieving the ball at that moment Dwight uttered a scream of shock, since at that moment when he touched the ball it disappeared leaving nothing more than particles of black dust behind. Scrambling from the bushes Dwight climbed to his feet in panic, turning around his eyes befell Khris' right leg engulfed in flames; Michael was missing from the scene. Khris hurled himself to the dirt rolling and screaming; rushing to the back door of the house to obtain some water Dwight collided with Michael whom was holding a large bucket of water. Tumbling over, Michael's head fell face first into the bucket, his body turning into water as the force caused the bucket to topple over splashing the water upon the grass. Frozen in shock Dwight's face grew pale, Khris' screams continued as the new neighbor, Mr. William peaked over the wall; he witnessed the momentary chaos. No time wasted, William jumped over the board fence running to Dwight as he shouted.

"Get your friends to calm down and everything will be ok! "

Those words were unheard by the shaken Dwight as fear begun take its toll over his senses. Williams proceeded to deliver a swift slap to Dwight's face, snapping the male back into reality. William held Dwight telling him to calm his friends or there won't even be a backyard anymore; nodding nervously Dwight ran to Khris.

"Is the fire really burning you Khris?"

He continued rolling as his screams begun to fade, he realized the flames weren't hurting him at all. Climbing to his feet, he shook his head, his right leg covered in flames the most damage would be the foot of his pants burnt to a crisp. William gave a pleased nod as he turnt to the puddle of water being Michael, William repeated to him

"Concentrate on a solid state. "

Panic running through Michael's mind, he had no other choice but to listen and concentrate, few minutes passed as Michael regained his solid state; yet maintaining it wasn't easy. His fingers were dripping repeatedly, the end strands of Khris' hair became a light orange emitting a faint heat, while the veins on Dwight's arms continued glowing. William begun to explain to the boys, retracing back to the events during the 2nd World War, their minds of understanding that they were now classified as Roguez. William told the boys he'd help them to control their powers seeing as he had powers the ability of a psychic force to repel objects or creation of force fields. Williams recently moved into the neighborhood taking the job of a Gym Teacher in the local High School.Conversing for the rest of the afternoon Williams explained to the boys on ways to control their powers; of course it'd take some time. He offered them lessons after school on ways of training in order to evolve their abilities; accepting the offer the boys took their leave. Returning to their homes, Dwight wore a long sleeve jersey at the dinner table to cover his veins, half way through dinner Dwight's younger brother: Eathen popped the question.
"Where's the soccer ball, Dwight?"