Sixteenth Birthday

My life flashed before my eyes, the past 16 years coming back all in this one dream. It's sort of like a nightmare and a good dream all mashed together. It showed the day I was born, it showed my 13 birthday, and it showed all the happy moments I had that led up to 7 months ago, the day I turned 16. That's when the nightmare started it showed the trip to the hospital, and it showed my mother in her death bed. It was horrible.

»»»»»»»

I wake up screaming with a thin layer of sweat all over me, it was all because of that stupid dream.

I could hear my dad burst into my room, that's when he noticed me sitting crossed legged in my bed with tears streaming down my face.

He slowly walks over to me and pulled me into his chest, and I returned the hug gratefully.

My father has been the only parent for me ever since the car crash. I mean Ya my other family members like my aunt's and uncles and grandparents see me sometimes but barely. Ever since the disastrous birthday they have seemed to DIE off and split up like my mother was the tie that held us all together.

For my birthday I made sure to invite my family and some of the boys from the soccer team and my two best friends, and told them it wasn't going to be big but my mom being the women she was decided to throw a huge party, but of course she forgot the cake at the bakery, so she decided to go get it and left the party. I was left there waiting, and waiting, and waiting, but then something clicked in my head that something was wrong.

And boy was I right.

My mom was driving through an intersection on the way back home from the bakery and some STUPID ass decided to drink and drive and T-boned my mom on the drivers side of the car. It was probably the worst day of my life.

And now I have to live with the fact that every birthday I have is my mother's death anniversary.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I promise the next chapter will be longer!!

Peace on the streets! ✌