Explanation

"I'll explain more after we get out of here and into the forest" my doppelgänger said. "Fine, but when we get to the forest I want a full explanation of what is going on here" I told her. "You're in no such place to make those demands so you better watch your mouth" my doppelgänger retorted back. We reached the forest, and quickly darted through it, jumping over big stones, and the occasional fallen tree. When we reached a small open area with a big rock in the center, we sat down and caught our breath. "So you found the river, huh?" my doppelgänger was staring at me with a look of interest on her face. "Yeah, if the river you're talking about had a blue auto around it, a strange force that tugs you in, and makes you feel tingly." My doppelgänger started laughing, "Yeah, that's the one." "Anyways, The River is what brought you here" my doppelgänger said as if that completely cleared up everything. "And what is here, might I ask" I wondered if this doppelgänger was ever gonna say something that made sense. "Here, is this dimension. You came from a completely different one and that's why you look like me but our sense of style is so different" my doppelgänger explained. "So I'm guessing The River is what brought me here" I asked. "Yeah, the dimensions are basically different layers all in the same Earth and the acts as a bridge between them that allows us to transport from dimension to dimension. I haven't come across a single dimension without a River in it" my doppelgänger said in a matter-of-fact way. "So I just happened to stumble upon The River and got transported to this dimension" I repeated. "Yeah. Now that I think of it, I'm surprised the O.D.P haven't caught you dimension jumping yet. Then again, they've been pretty busy with the latest chaos being cause from this "rogue dimension jumper" that everyone has been hearing about" my doppelgänger said to herself thoughtfully. "Um, what's the O.D.P and what's up with this "rogue dimension jumper" I asked. "O.D.P. stands for Order of Dimensional Peacekeepers and their job is to make sure no dimension jumper that crosses through the different worlds disrupts the balance between each of them. The "rogue dimension jumper" is a mysterious person who has been trying to tear the balance of the worlds apart. No one is sure what their reasoning is behind it or if they mean to do us any harm but the O.D.P has been on their trail and is trying to capture him/her. You see, we all take an oath after we first discover The River to never disrupt the balance of the worlds and that's why I'm surprised you haven't been taken in by one of the DP's (dimensional peacekeepers) so you can take the oath. It doesn't look like they're coming any time soon so if we're lucky I can take you home without an incident. I've already been put under dimensional probation once for trying to help a lost dimension jumper but I say to hell with the O.D.P's dumb rules" my doppelgänger exclaimed. We may have the same faces but one thing I'm sure of is that our personalities vary greatly.