Prologue

Hey everyone, before you guys accuse me of taking someone else's work. This is my story also found on Fanfiction.net. I just wanted to share it with you guys :)

If you don't believe me, you can also message my account on there and I can assure you, it is me.

Please enjoy it, and all rights go to the original work Naruto :)

Chapter 1

Sakura ran for her life. Her feet aching. Heart pounding out of her chest while her lungs ripped themselves apart. They were so close now.
 She had to run, she had to escape before they caught her. Before they ripped the floor from under her. Tears flew down her cheeks as she held the bundle in her arms, her lungs screaming for her to stop. Sakura's feet flew hard on the pavement.

The heavy city lights lighting her path as she panted, hoping for the chance to breathe.

"I have to get out of here," she panted as she ran into the back alley streets, pink hair flying as she heard their yells. "I can't let them find us." She held the blue bundle in her arms tighter as she willed herself to keep moving on.

Tears fell again as she remembered him, his touch, his sacrifice to keep them both safe. Sakura's weary eyes spotted a small drain, she looked as she heard them come closer to her, it was her only chance. She ran for it, gently holding the bundle tight to her chest as her rising panic began to grow as she heard their shouts, she looked down to find a small drain she could fit.

Sakura gently lowered herself in the narrowly tightened drain opening, its rusty opening tearing her skin in small places, barely making it through as she heard them grow closer and closer. She stumbled as she landed, she breathed a sigh of relief a she back up against the far wall of the drain as she slid down, the bundle tight against her chest. The people's shouts grew closer as her weary face grew tired.

"We can't let that girl escape," one of the men shouted, Sakura cursed as vivid images flashed in her mind. The screams, the shouts for her to escape, tears began to flood her eyes again as the sudden remembrance grew too much.

"Boss is going to be so mad if he finds out we let her escape," the other one cowered as Sakura heard one of the men slap the other. The one who was slapped slammed straight into the wall, groaning as Sakura heard the yelp in pain.

"At least we got Hatake, boss will make a show out of him," the first one sneered as Sakura's heart lurched. "Forget her for now, we got bigger fish to fry."

As Sakura heard the men leave, tears fell like waterfalls down her face as she sobbed. The bundle gurgled as she wiped a tear from her eye. She smiled as she lifted up the bundle, grey hair fell in the bundle's eyes as Sakura held him tightly to her chest. Just her luck, just escaped from the bastard Sasuke, now to run into his goons at a time like this. It made made her angry as she realized his grip on her. She could never escape him, and now her love had to pay the cold hard price for it.

"I'm sorry Sakumo, I'm sorry you've had to grow up like this," Sakura cried as the little infant fell asleep on his mother's chest. Sakura wrapped him up again and placed him in her lap to sleep. She stretched her tired arms as she looked up in the moonlight.

She chuckled lightly as she realized the irony of this. The sad cold irony she knew she could never escape from.

The darkness of the sewer was slightly comforting as she closed her eyes, wrapping herself in the coldness of it all. Waiting for the miracle to escape.

"Great Sakura," she chuckled at herself, "You always have known how to get in trouble." And with that she fell asleep, cold alone, with no one to help her.