Chapter Nine

Short chapter. Heh, you'll understand why.

Chapter Nine –

I felt like a chick. Here I was huddled up in a ball on the leather sofa wrapped in my duvet covers eating Ben and Jerry’s ice-cream.

Everyone has to grow up sometime’ I remembered barking at one of the most powerful business men in all of England, yet in my situation right now, my maturity isn’t exactly shining through.

“Nate, you’re going to get fat” Cameron announced walking out of the kitchen with a glass of water in his hand. I briefly glared at him before SpongeBob caught my attention on television once again. My icecream was suddenly ripped from my grip and I latched to it.

“Noooo” I whined as Cameron stood above me tugging. He shook his head and continued to yank the pot.

“You have rugby training tonight and stocking up on ice-cream will make you sick later” he informed me making me growl slightly. “Since when did you become a biology teacher Mr. Simms?” I asked. 

He rolled his eyes and let out a snort. “Of course you wouldn’t remember seeing as you and Carson were relatively the same but I took your class for a couple of Biology lessons as substitute, I wouldn’t be asked to sub if I didn’t know biology” he lectured me.

“Yes sir” I mumbled but continued to grip onto my ice-cream baby. His eyes narrowed then he sighed allowing me to pull my baby into my arms once again.

“Want to talk about it?” he asked walking over to his chair and plopping down in it. I looked over to him nervously then shook my head quickly making my overgrown brown hair shake caressing my face.

“Is it a girl?” he asked bluntly taking a swig of his water before looking over to me again. I blinked somewhat relieved that others still thought I was straight. I sighed shaking my head slower this time bringing my knees up to my chest.

“Family?” he questioned again. He continued to ask and I continued to shake my head up until a stage that I felt dizzy. He ran a hand through his hair then placed his glass down on the coffee table.

“Is it a guy?” he finally asked and I looked over to him hesitating a bit too long before shaking my head. His eyebrow rose in a questionable gaze, “May I ask another question Nate?”

I dropped my head onto my knees keeping my face hidden. “You didn’t need permission before” I mumbled. Cameron slouched back into the chair he was in and rested a head on his hand.

“Do you like men?” I bit my bottom lip hard remaining silent. “Your silence says all” he stood up and began to leave the room but I stopped him. “D-don’t you want to know…” he looked back to me raising a brow.

“I’ve known you long enough to know even if I ask you won’t tell a soul. Go shower and get cleaned up we’ll go out for something to eat then go meet Carson at the rugby field” he practically ordered but I didn’t fuss; I wanted to be out of that room as soon as possible.